Cross Country Trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekender

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm beginning the very early stages of planning for a cross country trip on my trusty FJR. As an avid reader of Rider Magazine I have a lot of great ideas of local routes - here and there - across the US but I'd thought I'd see if anyone on this forum has any thoughts on best routes and time of year to go from LA to DC (and maybe back).

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago my son & I had a great ride around a goodly part of the US. We just saw a fraction of what there is but it was a pretty great fraction. You can read a writeup of where we went & see some of the pix we posted: Adam's & Jerry's Ride Hope it helps some

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot depends on how much time you've got. Southern Utah and Colorado have some great roads with spectacular scenery. In the east, the Blue Ridge Parkway should not be missed. None of these are particularly out of your way, but they certainly aren't conducive to making time either.

-Uwe-

<snip>I'm beginning the very early stages of planning for a cross country trip ... As an avid reader of Rider Magazine I have a lot of ... ideas ... - here and there - across the US ... anyone ... any thoughts ...
Read Blue Highways by William Least Heat-Moon.