Cruise installer(s) in Houston / Austin ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdc

Reaction score
I am wandering if anyone can recommend a mechanic that has done cruise control installations in Houston, Austin or San Antonio (TX)

I would not be 'skilled enough' to try; and of course I would compensate for the work...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wandering if anyone can recommend a mechanic that has done cruise control installations in Houston, Austin or San Antonio (TX)I would not be 'skilled enough' to try; and of course I would compensate for the work...

Thanks in advance!
Dito to that. Wish there was someone like that in TX. Although, I would be willing to (maybe) get together and try to get both installed if you were willing to take part and try. My garage would be a little less desirable, because of lack of organization, but I have accomplished quite a few farkle installs there. There are some good threads/pointers on the installation and some trial and error on electrical wiring hookups but nothing seems like rocket science. I did see something on Smitty's thread where there is one of the parts that goes under the tank if it is an AE model. I also know there was a thread where a group around Austin got together for the installs.

I am about 200 miles south from Houston if you're interested.

dan

lol sorry for the late reponse, just saw the thread. If yall haven't met up yet, I'd like to get in on the cruise install as well. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to wrenchin' on the feej, but I'm a great extra set of hands. :exhappysmiley: PM me if interested... I live in Beaumont, TX.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Dallas and would love to help you only if you were a little closer. I did mine last year without any problems. There are lots of post with pictures giving you the step by step. I installed mine on an 08 btw. Be sure to take your time and plan on taking a couple of days for your first time.

Let me know if I can help!

Bob

I live in Dallas and would love to help you only if you were a little closer. I did mine last year without any problems. There are lots of post with pictures giving you the step by step. I installed mine on an 08 btw. Be sure to take your time and plan on taking a couple of days for your first time.
Let me know if I can help!

Bob

pm sent