Cullman, AL, D&H Cycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just called to verify all these "too-good to be true" prices-the local dealer wants almost $600 for the YES, $389, no way, I'm thinking.

sure enough, D&H is the real deal. I'll mail the check tomorrow. and I'm in CA. She's gonna take my VIN tomorrow and start the process since my factory warranty tanks in two weeks-before the check even gets there!

Thanks, FJR Forum! You just saved me around $200! And I didn't need a little talking lizard to do it! Now I can actually afford the warranty...tho I have to put off getting tires for a little longer...oh well.

I picked up my 2008 from D&H on the 19th of this month. Before I spoke to them, I had researched negotiation tactics \, standard dealership practices, and had learned a disturbing number of ways that dealerships can twist numbers and contracts during negotiation to make sure they make plenty of $$$.... I completely wasted my time reading up on all of that to deal with D&H :yahoo: I have never had an as enjoyable experience at any kind of dealership before this.I couldn't be happier after meeting with Jerold and Renaa. I couldn't find a better price anywhere, not to mention how easy they were to work with. They not only followed through on all the things that we had discussed over the phone, (but they went the extra mile to make sure that I had everything that I needed. They were completely honest with me whenever I had questions, no matter what I was asking about. Absolutely a great shop with great folks, and I have been happily spreading the word out here in GA to anyone that I know may be in the market for a bike. :clapping:

Tek

What he said. I picked up my 08A this past Saturday from D&H. $ 12,388.00 out the door including Y.E.S. No hassle,no haggle, and just great folks. Could not be more pleased. Oh yeah, the bike is awesome too.

:yahoo:

Superb service! I flew in Thursday morning and was picked up at the Huntsville airport. Spent a very informative and enjoyable 2.5 hours at D&H and was on my way, riding off on my new FJR. Highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my 08 in mid-May. Road Georgia and Alabama around for two days and brought it back to them for the 600 mile service (with 850 miles on the odo). Super nice folks and great service. :yahoo:

I especially enjoyed trading cow-milking stories with Virginia (Renaa's mom -- We both grew up(?) on farms with dairy herds). :rolleyes:

Fairlaner said:
Picked up my 08 in mid-May. Road Georgia and Alabama around for two days and brought it back to them for the 600 mile service (with 850 miles on the odo). Super nice folks and great service. :yahoo:
I especially enjoyed trading cow-milking stories with Virginia (Renaa's mom -- We both grew up(?) on farms with dairy herds). :rolleyes:

Did you get the YES warranty and if so how much was it?

R
I just got the YES warranty from them in the middle of July for my 07 price is still $ 389 and just got my paper work from Yamaha this week.

A great price and great service I spoke to Renaa.

Lori

BKR CHK

Was on the phone today with Renaa getting the YES warranty for my 07. Super nice lady to deal with, and very appreciative of all the business that this forum has sent in their direction.

Warranty is still $389, and Renaa advised me that they can do the extended factory warranty on all Yamaha and Kawasaki models, so long as it is before the first years warranty is up.

Also, note that they will be closed for the week beginning 10/06/08. (Well deserved vacation I suspect).

Lost a screw out of my right saddlebag lock. Called a local dealer and the parts guy didn't know what I was talking about. Went to another dealer and they said I would have to go to a Yamaha dealer?? I finally called D&H and spoke with Gerauld about the problem. He said no problem bring it down and he would take care of it for a small fee. When I got there he took the bag back to Nick to let him work his magic. Nick brought the bag up to show me he had it fixed. Gerauld went into his spill on how "things" need pressure on them to open or close them. I said I remember Nick telling me about that when I bought my bike. He stated that since I bought the bike there (2 years ago) there would be no charge. :yahoo: Needless to say I have always been satisfied with my purchase from D&H but, this adds the proverbial icing to the cake.

Glenn

Traveled all the way from Ohio to Alabama to buy my 2008 FJR from Jerold and Renaa. I have never been happier as a customer. They picked me up at the airport and took great care of me until I rode off at the end of the day. The time spent with Nick the mechanic was priceless. Thanks to all! Will never buy my new Yamahas anywhere else.

Traveled all the way from Ohio to Alabama to buy my 2008 FJR from Jerold and Renaa. I have never been happier as a customer. They picked me up at the airport and took great care of me until I rode off at the end of the day. The time spent with Nick the mechanic was priceless. Thanks to all! Will never buy my new Yamahas anywhere else.
They still have NEW 2008's?

Dave

They still have NEW 2008's?

Dave
Haha... that would be something! But no... I bought mine new in May 2008, and am just getting around to giving them the props they deserve. Sorry for the confusion. :blink: :blink: :blink:

I second Luke's first two lines. These people are the BEST!

The time and effort they put into making sure my order was exactly what I wanted went well beyond the level of service I have come to expect from most cycle shops. Doesn't matter if you are ordering over the phone or in person you should check with D&H before buying elswhere.

I'll be flying back to Alabama for my next FJR purchase! Come on Yamaha! Take us to the next level, update our FJR!

I just wanted to add a bump to this old thread for D&H Cycles. I'm getting close to my one year anniversary on my FJR and decided I better get serious about the YES warranty if I was going to get one. When I purchased the bike locally in Wichita, my dealer qouted me at $690 for the YES warranty. I had already read about D&H on this forum, so I wasn't about to give the local guy full retail. I had used up all my cash to get the bike at the time, so I intended to give myself a little recovery period before getting the YES. I didn't bother haggling the price of the YES with the finance guy at the time of the bike purchase.

Fast forward 10 months later... I called Renae over in Cullman this past Friday and she qouted me $389 for the 48 month, just like all the posts indicated. She said they didn't advertise the price, but honored it by word of mouth through their customers. I have to send a check instead of using a credit card, but that's not a big deal. I'm sure that the fees accessed by the credit card would take up what little profit D&H makes off this warranty.

I stopped by my local shop for something unrelated the next day. The finance guy recognized me and actually brought up the YES warranty during our conversation. I asked him again what his best price was on the YES and he stated $690. I then told him that I had found another Yamaha dealership that would sell me the YES for $389. He promptly told me that it couldn't possibly be the Yamaha 48 month YES plan, because he couldn't even buy it himself for that price.

I just shrugged my shoulders and told him that $389 was my qoute and I knew of others that had purchased it for the same. When I said my goodbye, he called me back and told me he thought he could manage $400 for the YES warranty, but would have to charge me sales tax for a total of $429.20. I told him that I would think about it and left the dealership.

I struggled with this over the last couple of days because I always try to look after my local dealership when I make purchases. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the YES warranty from D&H. I just can't get by the continued push by my dealership at full retail and I have my doubts that sales tax should even be charged on a service warranty. I have my suspicions that this "sales tax" is just a method of padding the profit margin. Plus... I prefer to have the $40 difference in my pocket at the end of the day. Thanks for posting the information on D&H Cycles and I hope my bump helps other new owners locate this valuable information.

Bump...

Last August (2012) I bought a 2010 leftover FJR 1300 and recently received a letter from Yamaha reminding me the one year warranty expires Aug. 10th 2013 and offering the Y.E.S. Yamaha Extended Warranty. Considering the last eight months of FJR ownership has been a true romance, I decided I'm keeping it forever, and thought I should look into just saying Y.E.S. And then I remembered posts from some time ago on this superb forum recommending D&H Cycle in Cullman Alabama and their great price on the Y.E.S.

I found the new toll-free number on their web site: 1-877-392-6242 (https://www.dandhcycle.com)

I just called Renaa, mentioned finding out about them on FJRforum and guess what? It's April 2013 and their Y.E.S. Four Year Extension price is still $389!

My check is going into the mail tomorrow morning!

What a wonderful person she is to talk with. She also mentioned they sell Kawasaki extended warranties too.

FYI, I again just spoke to D & H and the 48-month extended Y.E.S. warranty still $389.
Yep, just added this with them and $389 holds true but no Credit Cards, they will want you to send them a check. No biggie, great peeps to deal with :)

Bump ---

My 4 year YES warranty expires next month in August 2013. I had mentioned in another thread that sometime last year I called D&H and spoke with Renaa regarding the additional 2 years extension. She confirmed that the price on the 2 year extension was $349. So, I had set the reminder on my calendar for June and had been kicking the reminder forward. It would have been easy enough to just send in a check. But I had heard so many nice things about Jerold and Renaa I was waiting on the right opportunity to just take a little day ride up to Cullman and meet them in person. Well that opportunity presented itself yesterday.

Having just returned from a 3,000 mile trip up to the Northeast and back down the Blue Ridge my FJR needs a brake job. I've already replaced the rear pads but am waiting on back ordered front pads. So, there's another reason it's nice to have the V-strom in the stable. What a wonderful little bike, but I digress.

Anyway, I turned the otherwise boring 1 hour interstate ride into a nice 2 1/2 hour jaunt through the countryside on the Strom. I arrived at D&H and was promptly greeted by Jerold. We had a nice chat about what else? Motorcycles of course... Jerold told me that he and Renaa opened the shop 41 years ago! He also told me about some of his customers that have done the fly and buy and a few that have just bought the bike from him and had the bike shipped to them. He even mentioned that some folks travel from several states away just to have their bike serviced by D&H. You know they must be doing something right to have remained in the cycle business for as long as they have in the little out of the way hamlet of Cullman, AL.

BTW - he has a new 2013 Super Tenere on the sales floor. It's the dark gray color and looks awesome! He wasn't sure off the top of his head but he thought his sales price was $13,499. It seems like the perfect blend of the two bikes currently in my stable. Anyway, I had to quit thinking about it because that's in the plan for next year, not this year...

Eventually I told Jerold the reason for my visit and he introduced me to Renaa. She quickly handled all of the paperwork for the 2 year extension, made sure everything was in order and gave me my receipt. They had other customers to attend to so with my business all taken care of I strapped my gear back on and headed for home. It's a nice comfort knowing that my 5 year old 2008AE with 75,000 miles will be covered by the YES warranty for another two years. But it's even nicer knowing that there is such a genuinely nice couple of folks just an hour north of home that have people from all across the country making it a point to do business with them. After my little Saturday ride, I know why.

I purchease the 2 year extension from them also. Once you receive your package from Yamaha you will have to document all your maintenence in order to maintain the warranty. Just an FYI. I did the fly and buy from them and was very pleased with the purchase. I did the two year extension over the phone. I hope a 2014 may be in my future and if it is I will do the same thing over again.

Dave

Just got off the phone with Renee from D&H, and I am now the proud owner of a YES policy.

Searched this Dealer Feedback Board and found no topics for D&H, although they're widely discussed almost everywhere else on the Forum.

Price = $389, which I believe is the same price they've charged forever. She needs a check, not a credit card, and it's in my pocket as I'm headed to the Post Office before 6 hours of riding.

What a pleasant conversation! A professional colleague of mine is from Cullman, and Renee knows her! Conversation veered sharply after that, as Southern conversations seem to do ... and 20 comfortable minutes later we agreed we both had other things on today's schedule.

She knows about the FJRForum, as it's been mentioned to her a lot over the years, and chuckled when I mentioned it. "We get a lot of free advertising from you guys."

So, here's another little bit of free advertising for a down-home business that knows how to make a customer happy. (Maybe I should ride over there and buy me a ringer t-shirt. Is Cullman big enough for a restaurant and an RTE?)

D&H Cycle, Inc.

18115 US 31

Cullman, AL 35058

https://dandhcycle.com

256-739-1840

I have no personal or financial interest in this dealership, or any relationship with them other than as a customer.

D&H is a nice dealership.

I don't think it is much of a destination dealership though. It's not like going to Rossmeyer's if you're a Harley rider, for example. Actually, much of the D&H inventory is Kawasaki based. They have a surprisingly small showroom, and it is always jammed full.

I was there a few weeks ago when I picked up an '08 FJR in Gadsden. D&H had things like oil filters and crush washers for FJRs, and a lot of dealers don't stock this sort of stuff.

Certainly D&H are the FJR center of the universe ... they know what they are, they stock some parts, and they are willing to sell the Y.E.S. plan with a pretty sharp pencil, making them less than favorites with many other Yammy dealers around the country.

Instead of an RTE, maybe you could get folks to consider an outing to the Barber Museum, with a stop at D&H on the way down for those that start the trip north of Cullman.

Though it's been awhile since this thread has had a post, I thought I'd add my own great experience back in Nov '13/Feb '14.

After I decided to pull the trigger on a '14 ES, I called Gerold and worked out the details. He ordered one for me, letting me know it might be some weeks before it would be there in Alabama from Yamaha. Meanwhile, I began ordering farkles I wanted on the bike: A Caribou (Pelican) topcase, some Denali D2 lights, a Garmin Zumo mount, a Denali fuse block, a Gerbing coax, and a Powerlet socket (and maybe some other crap, too). I'd order directly and have the ship-to be Renaa. Easy peasy.

Nick put stuff on the bike as soon as the bike came in from Yammy. In early Feb it was ready, but I had to wait for a "warm" spell to be able to fly and ride--which I did. Flew to Huntsville, they picked me up and drove me the 45 minutes to Cullman. Gerold and Nick went over all the things on the bike and how to work stuff. I did the paperwork, handed over money (yes, they did the deal mostly on a virtual handshake--I might've sent them a small deposit, but it was incredible trust), and I was on my way that afternoon.

I rode I-65 up to Lookout Mountain, spent the weekend with my brothers wandering around SE TN & NW GA, putting miles on the bike. Tuesday morning I was back in Cullman with exactly 600 miles on the bike. Nick did the initial service as well as going over things to do on the bike. Great service and attention. On the road that afternoon to ATL for a meeting, then home to RIC the next day.

51,000 or so miles later and I still love the bike! Highly recommend D&H as well--they'll be my first call when I want a new Feejer!

My FAR (updated some photos):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mojohand/albums/72157641454471383