Custom seat shop

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
Anyone have a line on a place that can go from pan to full seat in the Bay Area? I don't need a full on custom like a Russel. I thought there was a place in Coyote that did that, but I can't remember the name of the place

In the XS1100 thread he mentioned he doesn't really want a Corbin.

Ray, it'd be worth the ride-drive-postage to try Mayer. There are many people using their saddle on the FJR and Bluestreek took his KLR seat there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mike. I don't think it was Corbin in Coyote, but I did fire off a quote request and photos to Russel and Corbim for price quotes. I'll send off a requet to Mayer as well. I may have found an auto upolstery place near by that does motorcycle seats too. I'm gonna go do a drive by in awhile to see if they are still there or not.

Ok, just fired off a request to Mayer too. I'm not concerned with having to mail the pan to get the seat done, but would rather talk to the people so they know what I want.

Rick Mayer is up near Redding (in Anderson), if you wanted to head north. I've got 60K+ on a custom seat of his that was less than $300. No complaints - seat is just starting to show wear...

I might try Bill Mayer in Ojai next time just 'cause a couple of the roads near there look interesting.

Apparently none of the custom motorcycle seat builders in California are interested in taking on this project. I sent off price quote requests to Russel, Corbin, and Mayer. Of the 3, only Corbin responded. Corbin said they don't do that kind of work unless it's done at the factory. I responded that I'd take the bike down for the work, but not for an estimate. Never heard back after that. Seems odd to me that a custom seat manufacturer won't make a custom seat :huh: So it looks like it's going to be a local auto upholsterer now.