Cycle Specialties North, formerly Shipps Yamaha

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean

mst3kguy
Reaction score
i called the yamaha dealership that is 5 minutes from my house, to get the ignition recall taken care of. for the record, i've called them and/or taken the fjr in apprx 5 times, only once was there NOT an issue, such as giving me the runaround for a recall repair, what service they considered part of the yamaha scheduled maintenance, etc. so anyway, i call them, and the guy says they'll do it, but the first day to get the bike in is 2 weeks away.

so i call shipps yamaha, which is now cycle specialties north. i ask them the same ignition recall questions, he says since it's a recall, i don't really think you should have to schedule an appoinmtent, but it might take a few hours (i'm guessing not as much for the procedure, but just for them to squeeze me in between the scheduled customers), and to be prepared to not have the bike for a couple days. wow, what a difference. i experienced nearly the same thing with the altitude recall---first place wanted my bike in the shop before they'd even order the part; shipps/cycle specialties north ordered the part, then once they had it in, told me to just come up when i had the time and they'd do it right then and there.

cycle specialties north, you cincinnati fjr'ers.

i have no affiliation, relation, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: