• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cycleport Ultra 2 mess jacket and pants with liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster19

Reaction score
My only reason for selling: I moved to a Klim Latitude, because I use a heated liner in the cold and like the fact that when it rains I don't need to stop and add a liner (I'm lazy).  :)

All gear comes from a smoke free home and has never been crashed in.  Every article of gear has been washed (by manufacturers recommendation) and resprayed with 303 Fabric Guard.

Any flaws in the gear will be mentioned or pictured...

Cycleport (Motoport) gear is the top of the line in protection and comfort and I have been wearing this gear for the past several years.  Just so you know the new cost- I am posting what Motoport.com has listed for their basic jacket cost.

Jacket - Ultra 2 air mess 3/4 jacket - $645

2 part jacket liner system - $228

Pants - Ultra 2 air mess pants - $512

Aero-Tex pant liner - $129

That's over $1500 to purchase the gear new.... 

Sizing: Cycleport list these as XL, but what I find to be better way of judging if it will fit you is to give you my height and weight. I'm 6' and my weight range over the years has been 210--245.  I have worn size 36-38 pants and size XL to XXL in shirts.  I would say this jacket will fit best at 215 to 230 lbs.  I will say that I have worn this jacket and pants combo in the 210 and 245 weight range without a problem.

Liners: are basically like new.  I mean who takes the time to but liners in.  lol :)

Color Scheme: Grey and black

Condition - Jacket has a couple flaws: The left hand zipper works (will zip open and stays closed) but the metal that holds the pull string on the zipper broke (I still have pull string).  I just close it by hand (pinch and pull or a paper clip works).  There is a small snag on the back of the jacket.  It has not gotten worse over time and I have no clue when or how it happened.

Pants are like new with nothing wrong with them.

Price:

Jacket with liners: $325 you pay for shipping

Pants with Aero-Tex liner: $250 you pay for shipping.

If purchased together: $500 and you pay for shipping.

I also have a pair of Firstgear mesh pants with hip and knee pads/waterproof liner size 38: $70 and you pay for shipping.

I will try to figure out how to post pics, but you can text me and I'll send them to you ASAP.

Dave

509-539-0417

I wear almost exactly the same setup described here, except no pants liner.   I assume these garments are the Kevlar mesh version.  Just commenting that I believe Motoport makes a version that isn't kevlar.   

I can attest that this setup wears like iron (toughness, not comfort).  I've worn my Motoport Kevlar set up for 6+ years (>60K miles) now and no complaints.  Except that mine had the same zipper pull failure as noted above.   I've worn this in temps from 25F to 105F and its easy to stay comfortable  (with a heated liner).  I use a rain jacket and pants that go over the Motoport gear when necessary.

This is a great deal for top shelf gear.

GLWS

I road tested this gear sliding 400-500 ft after slamming down hard on the highway at 65mph. I had the basic armor, not the tri-layer.

No serious injuries other than some heat rash on my knees, as I was wearing shorts underneath and the heat from sliding that far had to go somewhere (would not have happened if I had pants on). And my upper arm was sore and needed PT from slamming down hard on the road. No broken anything, no road rash, nada.

sent the pants back to Motoport as a show and tell, and Motoport repaired and sent them back for $150. Looked like new and I still wear them.

I will not wear any other gear. Police and ambulance were amazed I came out mostly unscathed.

The gear was in much better shape than the MV Augusta F4 I was riding....

All Gear has sold.  😀

Oh, I have kept my other pair of Cycleport pants (the Kevlar mesh front and stretch Jean look on the backside). 

I agree with the comments about the quality.  I just got tired of riding in rain (my riding group doesn’t stop to put on liners). Lol

My Klim latitude, so far has been Rock solid and love how all I need to do is close vents when rain hits.  😀