Dale Walker Headers with Remus Hexacone. Sound?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No One

Reaction score
I would like to add this to the new bike. Does anyone have this set up? If so my question is this, does the tone of the Hexicone differ from the factory headers with the CAT'S and the Mr. Walkers with out the CAT'S? Not that it will change my mind, just interested if or how much it does change. Probably going to add a K&N or a Amsoil type filter soon as well..... Can I run this set up with the EGR unplugged and no piggy back ECM? Thanks guys

The Hexicones do not fit on the Dale Walker headers. If they did they would be on my 05 right now.

If you run the headers you will need a Power Commander as they have no provision for the o2 sensor.

FYI save your self some money and put the Dale Walker headers in front of the stock mufflers they sound great.....

R

The Hexicones do not fit on the Dale Walker headers. If they did they would be on my 05 right now.
If you run the headers you will need a Power Commander as they have no provision for the o2 sensor.

FYI save your self some money and put the Dale Walker headers in front of the stock mufflers they sound great.....

R
Thanks for your reply.... I thought they offered headers to work on XXXXXXXX mufflers? O'well..... I think I will order it anyhow, I have a custom shop and can make it work no problem... I guess I could weld in a SS bung into the headers as well... who knows, things to try I guess..... :) Thanks again !

I would like to add this to the new bike. Does anyone have this set up? If so my question is this, does the tone of the Hexicone differ from the factory headers with the CAT'S and the Mr. Walkers with out the CAT'S? Not that it will change my mind, just interested if or how much it does change. Probably going to add a K&N or a Amsoil type filter soon as well..... Can I run this set up with the EGR unplugged and no piggy back ECM? Thanks guys

Bumpty - Bump...... any more info.... can we use Hexicone with Dales headers? Anyone ??? :)

Bumpty - Bump...... any more info.... can we use Hexicone with Dales headers? Anyone ??? :)
No One,

You can use the Dale Walker headers with the Remus. All you have to do is have the mating points tapered at any ole muffler shop. I was gonna do this but haven't yet. I suspect that I won't either. You can get similar results with the stock header by just punching out he cats. And Yes, disconnecting the 02 sensor doesn't botther the ECU. Though your bike will run a bit richer on the bottom.

WW

No One,

You can use the Dale Walker headers with the Remus. All you have to do is have the mating points tapered at any ole muffler shop. I was gonna do this but haven't yet. I suspect that I won't either. You can get similar results with the stock header by just punching out he cats. And Yes, disconnecting the 02 sensor doesn't botther the ECU. Though your bike will run a bit richer on the bottom.

WW

Thanks !!!!!! :)