Dang Forest Rats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mizz Bustanut

Reaction score
Another sad day for motorcyclists . . . . this happens too often. :sadsmiley:

Hillsdale man injured on M-52 when deer ‘jumps' into his motorcycle

By DOMINIC ADAMS, Argus-Press Staff Writer

Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:58 AM EDT

Emergency responders rush Louis Moyer to an air ambulance Friday. Witnesses said Moyer, 71, of Hillsdale, was driving south on M-52 when a deer “jumped in his lap.

BENNINGTON TWP. - A Hillsdale man was airlifted to an area hospital Friday afternoon after he struck a deer while riding a motorcycle on M-52 near Brewer Road.

Witnesses said Louis “Bill” Moyer, 71, was southbound on his 2003 Harley Davidson when a deer crossed the highway from the east.

The deer “jumped in the lap” of Moyer, who put his bike down and skidded across the pavement, striking his face, witness Robert Knight said.

“The deer came right between the cars and bikes and hit the bike right in the side and (Moyer) just kind of slid on his face,” said Knight, who was driving north on M-52.

Knight, of St. Louis, and a few other witnesses stopped to help Moyer. Another man driving another motorcycle ahead of Moyer was not injured and refused comment after the crash.

Some witnesses checked Moyer's vital signs and said they couldn't get a pulse.

“He was not moving at all,” Knight said of Moyer when he got to him. Moyer's condition was unknown at press time because officials would not release information about the crash.

The crash happened about 3:10 p.m. and Perry Area Fire and Rescue arrived within a couple minutes, witnesses said.

Farkles he clearly did not possess:

1. Deer whistles

2. Gremlin bell

I open the floor for further discussion regarding the efficacy of said farkles........ :superstition:

Farkles he clearly did not possess:
1. Deer whistles

2. Gremlin bell

I open the floor for further discussion regarding the efficacy of said farkles........ :superstition:

where do I get one of thoes Gremlin Bells?
Ya gotta hold the little fuker down and cut 'em off ...... scream like a bastard, they do ;)

That sucks... here's one caught on video

Have you guys noticed how there are NO brake lights, stopped bikes or swivelled heads in that video? I'm putting my hard-earned money on Photoshop...

Check here for a Gremlin Bell. I think they hold more 'power' if someone gives you one versus buying it yourself ;)