Dash Cam reccomendations?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavtFootHick

Reaction score
I did a search for this on this forum, doesn't appear to be a popular item.

Either that or no one talks about it.

It's been a couple years since this topic had been discussed.

I'm interested in an onboard system which power's up when the motorcycle is started, automatically wakes up and records if the bike is bumped or moved while parked, has forward and rear camera's, a DVR with wifi/phone app capabilities and gps tracked.

I'm not interested in any helmet mounted cam and don't really need Go Pro quality nor price.

I've dug around a bit on YouTube and there are a couple systems I may consider but I'm still not sure.

Like anything else the price ranges less than $100 for Chinese knockoff crap, and $600 for high end with a bunch of features that I may never need or want.

The few I am considering range in price between $300/350.

I choked at the $300 mentioned but then remembered that my bike was backed into once this summer, then tipped over but neighborhood punks.  Now I'm going to follow this thread.  Downside is that I now cover the bike, against prying eyes.

I have heard good things about the Innovv K2.

I have a Halocam M1 that I've been pretty happy with. I had an issue with the DVR dying, and they replaced it. Good customer support for a China-based company. I wouldn't hesitate to buy again. 

Innovv K2 is what I keep looking at.

I like all the features. 

I like the idea of having it hard wired to the bike and power supply and DVR/monitor tucked away under the seat with the ability to retrieve footage and change setting via WiFi through your phone. Plus all it's other features.

Plenty of YouTube reviews, but most are unboxing/installation. No critique after using the unit after an extended period of time. There was one fellow who had the K2's predecessor and was upgrading to K2 who had nothing ill to report.

It's funny, the Halocam was one of my other fav's.

This topic made me buy myself an early  x-mas present, a Innovv K2...makes it easier to record my trips than with my GoPro...I hope 😀

I just emailed Innovv asking if they foresee any Holiday deals (Black Friday, Cyber Monday sales) on their K2 camera.

Their response was immediate:

K2 will be slightly discounted for black friday  - cyber monday (we need to calculate minimum profit numbers soon) but the new 15% tariffs makes it difficult to discount as much as normal for black friday.