Dash lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpo

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced light bulbs in the gauges? I have one or two bulbs out in the speedometer of my 03 and wondered if theres a way to replace them.

It's a lot of work to get to. To get the panel out so you can disassemble it to get to the bulbs, the nose has to come off. My fairing and cowl thread will help you with that. Since posting it I've been told that the lower fairing don't actually have to come off to get the nose off, they just have to be loose, and the bolts joining the to the upper sides removed. The nose has to come off as an assembly, though, don't even think about trying to get the upper sides off by themselves; you'll break something. Once the nose is off, disconnect the electrical cable from the instrument panel and the screws mounting it are obvious. Once it's out, disassembly of the panel is obvious.

Frustrating that so much has to happen for what had to be known would be a required replacement...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts