Dash not quite centered

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stew00

Reaction score
I picked up an '04 FJR for a great price that I knew had been previously laid down on the right side. When riding, I notice that where the ABS light is on the dashboard is off to the left by about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. I don't remember this being the case with my 05 FJR, and it's driving me nuts.

Is this normal? What should I look at? I know that the mount points for all of the fairings are correct and straight, and the frame is straight.

I have a thought on why this is, but I want to hear some input before I sway anyone's input.

Attachments

• PXL_20230323_004023846.jpg
    PXL_20230323_004023846.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20230319_230303485_2.jpg
    PXL_20230319_230303485_2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
And HOW do you know the mounting points on the fairing stay are straight and correct?

If you know it fell on it's right side, that would push the gauge cluster left like in the photo you posted.

I have an 05 that I carefully measured against for frame side fairing mounts, so I know they are true and correct.

I 100% agree that it will push the front headlight/fairing/dash to the left.

The front subframe on Gen 1's is, fortunately, mild steel and bends a bit instead of snapping. I never pulled out a laser to verify, but I know after I dropped my '05 once that things were...just...a....bit....off. If it REALLY drives you nuts, you'd have to pull off the nose, subframe, figure out out to measure and tweak it, and then put it back together. My bet is hammers, a vice, and/or vice grips would be involved....and a potentially as much or more stress than the crookedness.

Or drop it on the opposite side...and hope it evens things out.

Or drop it on the opposite side...and hope it evens things out.

🤣😂 I would probably go too far the other way...

I am 99% sure it's the front fairing stay as well that's tweaked slightly. Before spending the money on one ($400 :eek:) I wanted to ask for a sanity check.

1680117928195.png