Dash Shelf?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone used the shelf below:
https://www.casporttouring.com/store/mercha...=Yamaha_FJR1300

I am wondering if it would be a good solution to mount an IWay 500?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Shane
I mounted my IWay 500C using the provided ram clamps. I bought a RAM ball from Motorcycle Larry(MCL) that screws into the unused thread port on the clutch lever mount. I have over 20k miles of vibration on the mount and not a problem with the GPS or the mount. sorry no picture. hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone used the shelf below:
https://www.casporttouring.com/store/mercha...=Yamaha_FJR1300

I am wondering if it would be a good solution to mount an IWay 500?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Shane
I mounted my IWay 500C using the provided ram clamps. I bought a RAM ball from Motorcycle Larry(MCL) that screws into the unused thread port on the clutch lever mount. I have over 20k miles of vibration on the mount and not a problem with the GPS or the mount. sorry no picture. hope this helps.
Dave,

Thanks for the response.

I have a FJR1300AE coming so I don't know if the "clutch" plate still exists!!!??

Plus I don't like to look down / off to the side. I have my IWAY 500 mounted chest level on my GL1800 in the dead center using a Texelent bar.

Best Regards,

Shane

Take a look at the ECM shelf at FJR Goodies. It is less expensive and looks pretty similar. I have one on order for my '05 but can't say any more about it until it gets here. I don't know if it will fit an '06.

I mounted my radar detector on a tech-mount which screws into the unused threaded mirror hole on the clutch side of my '05 and I find it is too close to me for me to see the display so I think the shelf will be a better solution. Also, the shelf allows you to mount several devices without having to buy separate mounts for each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at the ECM shelf at FJR Goodies. It is less expensive and looks pretty similar. I have one on order for my '05 but can't say any more about it until it gets here. I don't know if it will fit an '06.
I mounted my radar detector on a tech-mount which screws into the unused threaded mirror hole on the clutch side of my '05 and I find it is too close to me for me to see the display so I think the shelf will be a better solution. Also, the shelf allows you to mount several devices without having to buy separate mounts for each.
Geezer,

Thanks for the info - I had called FJRGoodies and they are not sure about if it will fit the 2006.

The showstopper with the shelf though was that it is so close to the windshield it won't accomodate the Lowrance IWay 500 (it is a fairly large GPS).

I was hoping I could find something like the bar at the link below for the FJR1300:

https://www.texelent.com/gps_mount.htm

Best Regards,

Shane

I have this shelf. I don't currently have anything mounted on it. It seems solid, meaning that it doesn't rattle, make noise, etc.

My only complaint is that the side brackets are a little large and tend to interfere with my fingers when I turn the bars full lock in either direction. This is more of an annoyance now that I'm used to it, but initially I was quite afraid that I might inadvertantly depress the front brake lever during a parking lot, full lock turnaround and eat shit. That would suck.

Nice fit and finish, quality workmanship, nice looking addition to the bike. Also acts as a sun shade to keep glare off of the speedo and tach.

I'm going to talk with a friend locally and ask him if he would be willing to create me a bar like the Texelent for the FJR1300. The only problem is that I'll have to wait til I have the bike so he can have a look.

Thanks for all the advice & input.

Best Regards,

Shane

Talking with FJRGoodies the IWay 500 is too large because of shelf's placement so close to the windshield.

Regards,

Shane

ECM shelf user here but even if you buy another you might consider added a RAM mount. I mounted a RAM ball to my shelf for two reasons, one was to get my GPS closer to me but the big one was to reduce vibration (with their standard Z-shaped arm). I didn't like how much the shelf vibrates, although my Passport 8500 is Velcro'd to it and still ticks...

I use FJRGoodies Shelf. I have Satellite Radio and Radar Detector mounted on this shelf. Solid and works great. :D

I have this shelf. I don't currently have anything mounted on it. It seems solid, meaning that it doesn't rattle, make noise, etc. My only complaint is that the side brackets are a little large and tend to interfere with my fingers when I turn the bars full lock in either direction. This is more of an annoyance now that I'm used to it, but initially I was quite afraid that I might inadvertantly depress the front brake lever during a parking lot, full lock turnaround and eat shit. That would suck.

Nice fit and finish, quality workmanship, nice looking addition to the bike. Also acts as a sun shade to keep glare off of the speedo and tach.
+1 on this excellent shelf. Can't see it vibrating, and I just don't forget to cancel my signals any more since they're in the shade and much more visible!