Daytona 200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
The Daytona schedule shows the Daytona 200 starting at 8:00 pm Florida time. Speed shows airing at 9:00 ET which is 10:00 here. This means there is a one hour delay and not live. Does this make sense?

Canadian FJR

The Daytona schedule shows the Daytona 200 starting at 8:00 pm Florida time. Speed shows airing at 9:00 ET which is 10:00 here. This means there is a one hour delay and not live. Does this make sense?

Canadian FJR
Is this on Saturday or Friday night. Speed usually never shows it live here in colorado.

The Daytona schedule shows the Daytona 200 starting at 8:00 pm Florida time. Speed shows airing at 9:00 ET which is 10:00 here. This means there is a one hour delay and not live. Does this make sense?Canadian FJR
Is this on Saturday or Friday night. Speed usually never shows it live here in colorado.
Friday night (the 200), AFAIK.

The show times posted on the AMA site do not jibe with the show times posted by Speed. I missed yesterday's (Thursday) racing. You must realize that Speed is devoted 99% to NASCAR and they would not upstage that for a mere moto race.

pete

I found it last night. The Rocky Mountain area time for the 200 is 7:00 Tonight-9:30. Should be fun to watch. The stands are always empty looking when they pan the cameras compared to other races. I guess folks don't go to Daytona for bike racing!

They probably delay it in case they need to edit out any 'red flags' so it'll fit in the allotted time. Like has all ready been said, Speed ain't gonna take any time away from Nascrap.

I found it last night. The Rocky Mountain area time for the 200 is 7:00 Tonight-9:30. Should be fun to watch. The stands are always empty looking when they pan the cameras compared to other races. I guess folks don't go to Daytona for bike racing!
The stands hold an incredibly large number of people. NASCAR seating chart is 240,000 seats, and everybody's in the stands.

For road racing, the stands are available, but most people wander the infield to stay close to the track. Except for the finish, the stands remain almost completely empty, and even then most of the stands are empty, with the crowd hanging around between the trioval and turn 1, to get that finish-line shot.

Even so, the attendance for bike races and the 24 hours is nothing like the NASCAR attendance. Still more folks than most major league baseball games, and more than a lot of college football games.

The coverage was not the best but the racing was great. Our great Canadian hope was running top 7 for most of the race until a little incident near the end. Great ride Brett.

Canadian FJR

The stands hold an incredibly large number of people. NASCAR seating chart is 240,000 seats, and everybody's in the stands.

For road racing, the stands are available, but most people wander the infield to stay close to the track. Except for the finish, the stands remain almost completely empty, and even then most of the stands are empty, with the crowd hanging around between the trioval and turn 1, to get that finish-line shot.

Even so, the attendance for bike races and the 24 hours is nothing like the NASCAR attendance. Still more folks than most major league baseball games, and more than a lot of college football games.
That's interesting. I didn't realize it was that large. It was a good race.

Latest posts