Dealership Is Giving Me A New Gas Tank...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like it. It's creepy and goes against the natural fiber of Service Departments. What they should have done to put your mind at ease was not mention it at all in case you didn't notice. Then if you did they should have strung you along while they looked into it. This would give them time to find a Used tank someplace. As for matching Paint that is just ridiculous. Giving you a Blue one would remind you of your place as a Paying Customer every time you saw it.
Man! How do you drive all the way to Orlando Yamaha all the way from Arizona...?

I haven't decided if I am going to put the Yamaha emblems back on my gas tank. I have them but I kind of like clean looks without them. If I do eventually put them on I will make sure to orient them properly. :rolleyes: If it bothers you enough you could just remove them.
Put BMW badges on your tank. :lol: Then when folks ask if it's a BMW you can point to the badges and say yup, sure is.

Nah, not gonna remove them. Actually does not bother me a bit. Did have another hiccup upon arriving at the dealership. I have the Emgo FZ1 mirrors. They get folded every day when I put the cover on the bike. Have had no probs with them but have read the accounts of others. Anyway, at the dealership the left mirror stalk just died and flopped down. The rivet-like bolt had broken. The mechanic repaired it with a bolt & nut. Hurray!