Death Valley February 16-18

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm unfortunately going to have to back out. The weather looks to be great for you guys, have a blast and keep the rubber side down.
FJamR, Sorry you can't make it, I was also looking forward to riding with you a ways. Hey, you don't know Naval Commander (retired) Curt Lambert of Hesperia do you? He is quite a rider, used to belong to the Oakland, CA MC Club until he moved to Hesperia. Rides a Concours and an (ahem) Harley Sportster. I'm sure you'll meet him somewhere, he rides every weekend. What's up with the new baby Larry mentioned?

Departure -

Well, I'm getting ready to go, mostly packed, peripheral batteries charged in the digital camera and the Chatterbox, boots polished :huh: .The Bike has had an oil change, new air cleaner, new rear tire, TPS changed out under warranty, 26,000 mile valve adjustment, coolant change, pumpkin lube changed, forward drive splines greased, TBS, brakes checked, and I've fabricated and installed a new stock muffler mod. You guys'll see it when we ride.

Woo Hoo, tomorrow at O'dark thirty we're gone!

everybody ride safe, see you at our respective meet up spot. :ninja:

KJ,

Anyone have the video capability on this ride?

Just curious............I have been looking into a

helmet cam / camcorder but no one I ask about it

knows squat or where to purchase.

There should be enough picture taking to make up for that.

Weather is looking about as good as it can get.

Oh yea :yahoo: ............ I'm ready

Larry

WW's FJR

KJ,Anyone have the video capability on this ride?

Just curious............I have been looking into a

helmet cam / camcorder but no one I ask about it

knows squat or where to purchase.

There should be enough picture taking to make up for that.

Weather is looking about as good as it can get.

Oh yea :yahoo: ............ I'm ready

Larry

WW's FJR
Probably too late for this trip, but jdogsocal sp? is the video guru. TWN also has done quite good video.. BTW - I am almost ready to rock! :rolleyes:

Allll Riggghhhtttyyy Thhhennnn! Crazy8 and dcarver are ready to rock! I'll buy a beer for the first DV rider to correctly identify why I named my fjr 'Crzy8'. I have the ICE numbers ready for handout when we meet, wherever the meet point may be.

Larry, I will PM you my cell number right after this post, if you or we are running late, please call. I don't have on-board cell access but will check at each stop point.

Fortunately for us central coast guyz, the wind is blowing hard tonight meaning no fog in the valley like we've had for the last 3 day straight. This is good, I hate fog riding.

So, with hope springing eternal, we will see ya'll manna!

dcarver

Allll Riggghhhtttyyy Thhhennnn! Crazy8 and dcarver are ready to rock! I'll buy a beer for the first DV rider to correctly identify why I named my fjr 'Crzy8'. I have the ICE numbers ready for handout when we meet, wherever the meet point may be. Larry, I will PM you my cell number right after this post, if you or we are running late, please call. I don't have on-board cell access but will check at each stop point.

Fortunately for us central coast guyz, the wind is blowing hard tonight meaning no fog in the valley like we've had for the last 3 day straight. This is good, I hate fog riding.

dcarver

Superhero Vilians- I think you don't like Spiderman?

Allll Riggghhhtttyyy Thhhennnn! Crazy8 and dcarver are ready to rock! I'll buy a beer for the first DV rider to correctly identify why I named my fjr 'Crzy8'. I have the ICE numbers ready for handout when we meet, wherever the meet point may be. Larry, I will PM you my cell number right after this post, if you or we are running late, please call. I don't have on-board cell access but will check at each stop point.

dcarver

Barbarus, I am COMPLETELY

dcarver

Barbarus, I am COMPLETELY confused

dcarver

Barbarus, I am COMPLETELY confused by your last post? Spiderman? Crazy8? All Rigghhttyyy then? :blink: Huh?Whatcha talkin' bout, Willis?

The "crazy eight" were a group of vilians after spiderman/spider woman. I am quite embarassed that you were watching "Different Stokes", but not Spiderman? Your parents must not have controlled your TV viewing! LOL A drink for a good effort? First to respond? Hell, I am opening a Dos XX anyways.

The "crazy eight" were a group of vilians after spiderman/spider woman. I am quite embarassed that you were watching "Different Stokes", but not Spiderman? Your parents must not have controlled your TV viewing! LOL A drink for a good effort? First to respond? Hell, I am opening a Dos XX anyways.
Ooooh. Sorry Bar R' Us... I've always preferred to red a buk, (get it?) but, should you appear at wfo6 you are due a free drink on me! :rolleyes:

Well, whenever I see you. Maybe hints would help? IMHO, "Dirty Dozen" is a cool name and is four more.

Last edited by a moderator:
A very heavy work schedule prevented me sending a note before you guys left home on your epic adventure. Anyways, I wanted you all to know that I'm thinking of you all and imagining the fun you must be having.

Hoping you all enjoy the weekend, and get home safely to tell the story. Waiting for photos, and funny stories.

Jill

A very heavy work schedule prevented me sending a note before you guys left home on your epic adventure. Anyways, I wanted you all to know that I'm thinking of you all and imagining the fun you must be having.
Hoping you all enjoy the weekend, and get home safely to tell the story. Waiting for photos, and funny stories.

Jill
Jill,This trip was a lot of fun. Taking a look at my photos now.

I'll try and post a favorite or two.

Larry

WW's FJR