Death Valley February 16-18

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DV riders,

I'm going to second dCarver's recommendation on the ICE information.

I just sent mine to him by PM..............

Probably better to do it now rather than out on the road.

WW's FJR

Larry

Minuteman / Skeuhl / Mystery rider :dntknw: ,

I don't really see a problem with picking the Minuteman up at the MC D's

off of Hwy 138. Easy transition back on 15 N.

I'm not sure when we will be there. Minuteman, you might want to eat breakfast before

we get to you.....I would imagine between 9:00/9:15 AM. Then we're off to pick up FJamR (9:15/9:30) in Hesperia. He's just past the summit.

We have to travel about 100 mi. from FJamR's to Ridgecrest for lunch at 12:00.

I don't want to push FJamR's pick up time higher, he's in for a long ride day already.

We're probably going to be in Ridgecrest early.

WW's FJR

Larry

Hi all,

It looks like the weather's conspiring against me to ride out to DV on Wed/Th. The forecast for Abq NM is calling for a high of 34 on Wed with rain and SNOW showers. So I have decided, regretfully, to cancel my trip :sadsmiley02:

Maybe some of you might consider coming out to NM in May for our SW-FOG.

Hi all,It looks like the weather's conspiring against me to ride out to DV on Wed/Th. The forecast for Abq NM is calling for a high of 34 on Wed with rain and SNOW showers. So I have decided, regretfully, to cancel my trip :sadsmiley02:

Maybe the weather dude/dudette won't get it right! Hang tough Doc, you still might have a chance! :rolleyes:

Hi all,It looks like the weather's conspiring against me to ride out to DV on Wed/Th. The forecast for Abq NM is calling for a high of 34 on Wed with rain and SNOW showers. So I have decided, regretfully, to cancel my trip :sadsmiley02:

Maybe the weather dude/dudette won't get it right! Hang tough Doc, you still might have a chance! :rolleyes:
Thanks. If my situation changes I'll let you all know. Ride safe.

Thanks Don-

Now, I just have to try to remember all of it!

I also have one hand signal to add (+1).

It's when I've got a Ka band radar bleeping in my ear! I'll show you guys in Ridgecrest!

Also Don, we've got to get together this week, so I can loan you my second Chatterbox!

5 days and we're ridin' :dribble:

Kindofblue and DV riders,

It looks like we're going to get the good weather............ :)

Too bad for Kindofblue........southern route in won't help any?

Maybe a Vegas return? You would know better.........

How's the central coast group looking?

How's the SoCAl riders doing?

Larrry

WW's FJR

Weather link:

https://www.weather.com/weather/extended/US...forecast&cm_ven=Yahoo&cm_cat=www.yahoo.com&cm_pla=forecastpage&cm_ite=CityPage

Kindofblue and DV riders,It looks like we're going to get the good weather............ :)

Too bad for Kindofblue........southern route in won't help any?

Maybe a Vegas return? You would know better.........

How's the central coast group looking?

How's the SoCAl riders doing?

Larrry

WW's FJR
It's going to snow here tonight and likely through the mountains of central AZ. Alas, another time.

Hellooooo? Am I the only one jonesing to get this ride started? Wooooo freakin Hooo! Let's ride boyz! Dayyuumm, I feel like the only excited teenager in a room full of fresh TWN, uh, 'ladies'! :rolleyes:

Hellooooo? Am I the only one jonesing to get this ride started? Wooooo freakin Hooo! Let's ride boyz! Dayyuumm, I feel like the only excited teenager in a room full of fresh TWN, uh, 'ladies'! :rolleyes:
Ahhh? hold on there Don, "departure" for DV is only 3 days away! Keep a lid on the pressure cooker will ya?

The weather looks good (up/down) here, so I don't "foresee" a postponement. I'll be at Denny's in Atascadero at 7:00AM for B-FAST on Friday morning the 16th of February, before the beginning of the DV ride at 8:00AM. :yahoo:

See you guys from the South in Ridgecrest around noon!

Ahhh? hold on there Don, "departure" for DV is only 3 days away! Keep a lid on the pressure cooker will ya?

The weather looks good (up/down) here, so I don't "foresee" a postponement. I'll be at Denny's in Atascadero at 7:00AM for B-FAST on Friday morning the 16th of February, before the beginning of the DV ride at 8:00AM. :yahoo:

Just to double check; leave A-town at 0800 not 0730 as originally planned?

How long does it take you to get to McKittrick from A-town? It only takes me about an 1 1/2 hours, it's only 75 miles barring it's a twisty road in most parts!

Mike McNutt will be in McKittrick at 9:30 AM to meet up with us.

When we leave McKittrick it's 90 miles to Lake Isabella, then 65 miles to Ridgecrest a total of 155 miles with a gas stop. We should be able to make Ridgecrest "easily" to meet up with the SoCal Riders by 12:00PM noon, at the Denny's on the corner of China Lake Blvd. & 178 for lunch!

Come join us for B-fast between 7:00 and 7:30AM!

DV riders,

Not a worry here mates........

I count:

Skeuhl , FJamR, Minuteman , WW's FJR (me), Mystery rider #1, and a Mystery rider #2 now.

The silence is mostly busy bodies getting (new stuff) ready to go........... :yahoo:

I have been busy with all kinds of weirdness........ it will feel good getting on the bike

and getting out of town.

The fun starts w/ 7:30 Friday AM departure from my house here in HB.

Larry

WW's FJR

I'm unfortunately going to have to back out. The weather looks to be great for you guys, have a blast and keep the rubber side down.
Ah heck, that ain't no fun.. Well, there will always be a next time but bummer.. Was looking forward to meeting and riding with you. Thanks for letting us know up front.
Hey KJ, got the chatterbox installed tonight :rolleyes:

FJamR,

Sorry you can't make it this time. We had you zeroed

in pretty good for extraction but I'm sure there will be other rides.

Congratulations on the new baby once again.

Larry

WW's FJR

P.S. If the chance comes along that you could break away

you could always attempt a link up. You know the route.

Last edited by a moderator: