Death Valley January 19

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would have made it through Dave but I understand why you turned back - I was in a little bit over my head too
smile.png
The stairs were for sure a bit of work and its good we had Abercrombie along - I think the other 3 of us were pretty spent after that effort, but he seemed good as new ever after being pinned briefly under his bike.

thanks again Kevin !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I damn near bought a KLR for this trip but after watching the video a couple times I'm sure glad I didn't. No way do I have the skills or body parts left to do that. If you ever do a strictly dirt get together I'll be glad to bring my Honda SxS and play.

I damn near bought a KLR for this trip but after watching the video a couple times I'm sure glad I didn't. No way do I have the skills or body parts left to do that. If you ever do a strictly dirt get together I'll be glad to bring my Honda SxS and play.
Can I ride with Ray and drink beer. I know he doesn't.

Can I ride with Ray and drink beer. I know he doesn't.
You can be the nagivator
punk.gif
If I have to put up with you I may have to drink and wear earplugs.
finger.gif
bleh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Qucik update on Ricks rims. When he bought the bike he got a road hazard warranty for the wheels (who knew you could do that?) and it was still in effect. The dealer is quite sad about that as they are ordering new rims from the UK and I am sure they will be way more that the $500 Rick spent on the warranty

Qucik update on Ricks rims. When he bought the bike he got a road hazard warranty for the wheels (who knew you could do that?) and it was still in effect. The dealer is quite sad about that as they are ordering new rims from the UK and I am sure they will be way more that the $500 Rick spent on the warranty
Awesome! Tell Rick as soon as he gets them I have another "gravel" road I want to show him
innocent.gif

Absolutely fabulous! And a bobcat sighting too? Wow! Thanks for all the nice photos of the trip! Nice video you shot too Russ! That looked like a helluva an adventure! Wish I coulda been there!