Declining interest in the IBR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's also not about the family. I was put off by the spot requirements because riding is supposed to be about letting me off the electronic leash. But after a few rallies where a rider went down and it took a long time to find them, I understood their reasoning. Once again, my control over how this affects me is in my choices to ride the rally or not. If I do, then I agree to their rules. PERIOD.

If your family can't stand not knowing, perhaps, you should drop out and let someone else ride it? It would put their minds at ease. Alternately, arrange to call them at a certain time every day. You can do that with all the fancy blue tooth phone hookups everyone has (or when getting gas using the handset).

In the face of push back like the above, I would change the rules to address those "wants" and point out (again) it's about the Riders and no one else. PERIOD. It's a good thing I don't RM it or the rules would make it a DQ to release info to ANYONE prior to it being okayed by the organizers (so at each major checkpoint only).

Anything less is a distraction to riders and is why there's been an effort to force addicted riders to stop social media for 2 weeks.

I have to agree that the task of Scribe is difficult to write engagingly to do so under rally conditions it's more than an English Comp 1 project. I'm sure the IBR would love to have a pool or potential Scribed to draw from and would receive sample submissions graciously.

Oh yeah... NO WHINING!

Between roaming the yehaw roller coaster roads that are southeast MO and feeling good enough to keep going after getting lost naviguessing Nashville I ended the second leg of a return trip from Sturgis with a breath over 1000 miles in about 18 hours.  I got an IBA number out of that ride because I’m anal about gas receipts and logging mileage and someone on that trip happened to mention their quest of a SS1000.  That was my gateway drug introduction to the IBR.  IBR coverage fuels my interest in, and financial support of the IBA.  I fully respect the IBR is for the riders and am thankful for all the insight and reporting the IBA and forums like this provide.  I’d just like to recognize that those following the IBR are supporting the organization and are frequently called on to assist riders in need.

I appreciate that the Official Rally Scribe addressed the question of this very thread including a pointed response to in various spots including:

I heard at least 5 rookies declare how ready they were for the NEXT IBR! I remember just wanting to fly home and never see my bike again after the IBR, but these people are ready to go. We could use another 30 just like them for 2023.
Indeed. See you all 2023.

Thanks.

The Management