Departure from Phoenix to Page

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badcat

Reaction score
For those Valley dwellers or any others that will be departing from Phoenix for SWFOG 2009 I am planning to roll at 5:30am from the Chevron at 3146 W. Carefree Highway (I-17/Carefree Highway) There is a McDonalds next door for anyone wanting bad coffee and an Egg McWTFisthis. :dribble:

This puts us in Page between 10 and 10:30.

Burk

For those Valley dwellers or any others that will be departing from Phoenix for SWFOG 2009 I am planning to roll at 5:30am from the Chevron at 3146 W. Carefree Highway (I-17/Carefree Highway) There is a McDonalds next door for anyone wanting bad coffee and an Egg McWTFisthis. :dribble:

Burk
Alrightyroo Badcat Burk, I'll be your Huckleberry! Just don't try and pull a "Fairlaner" and not stop for breakfast in Flagstaff!

Breakfast in Flagstaff sounds good, although I think I remember Burk saying he was dead-heading straight to Page.

Yum Yum... It's been a long time since I've had one of those Egg McWTFisthis

Dónde usted comería en asta de bandera?

If you leave Carefree Hwy & I-17 at 05:30, when would that put you in Fagstaff?

Breakfast in Flagstaff sounds good, although I think I remember Burk saying he was dead-heading straight to Page.

https://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Cave+Creek...staff&2s=AZ Big-D: MapQuest shows 2 hours travel time and 130 miles from departure point; putting us in Fagstaff at 0730. Burk attempts to pull a "Fairlaner" on me, meaning keeping Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" from desayuno, there'll be hell to pay! Don't keep food from Los Robustos M/C!

Mi compadre, you call the shot on where you want to meet us for breakfast! They'd great posole at last year's restaurant!!

https://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Cave+Creek...staff&2s=AZ Big-D: MapQuest shows 2 hours travel time and 130 miles from departure point; putting us in Fagstaff at 0730. Burk attempts to pull a "Fairlaner" on me, meaning keeping Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" from desayuno, there'll be hell to pay! Don't keep food from Los Robustos M/C!

Mi compadre, you call the shot on where you want to meet us for breakfast! They'd great posole at last year's restaurant!!

I hope to one day join Los Robustos M/C so there is no way I will keep you or me from breakfast in Flagstaff. You pick the spot....

I hope to one day join Los Robustos M/C so there is no way I will keep you or me from breakfast in Flagstaff. You pick the spot....
Good Call, Badcat! You don't want to get on wrong side of johnny80s or ShinyPartsUp. Big-D: Hombre, you make the pick!!

Having had two daughters attend school at NAU, I have always stopped at either Denny's or Crackle Barrel because its fast, cheap and has never made me sick. And their coffee is pretty good.

There is a Denny's on the right just as I-17 ends and turns into Milton coming into Flagstaff, next to the Shell station. We can get in, eat and then hit the road. If that will work, fine. If not, we can find something else. I will probably spend Wednesday night in Flag, so I'm game for almost anywhere. But Charley's does not open until 08:00, and that is if they open on time.

What say you "amo de todos que montan en dos ruedas"

Carefree highway brings back memories in the 70's. I grew up in Scottsdale and lived in Carefree in the 70's. There is a stretch of Carefree Highway that is a quarter mile long with a Start and Finish Line on it. I wounder if its still there. Yah man 18 years old, fast bikes, cars and chicks on a hot saturday night in the 70's.

I will be leaving Havasu about 6.00 Am Thursday and meet the guy in kingman with Duke for Breakfast . Can't wait too ride with Duke. Leaving Kingman after Breakfast with Duke and master about 8.30. I am thinking Flag by 11.30 and page 1.00 PM to 3.00 PM or when ever. Can't wait. Se you all there.

Having had two daughters attend school at NAU, I have always stopped at either Denny's or Crackle Barrel because its fast, cheap and has never made me sick. And their coffee is pretty good.

There is a Denny's on the right just as I-17 ends and turns into Milton coming into Flagstaff, next to the Shell station. We can get in, eat and then hit the road. If that will work, fine. If not, we can find something else. I will probably spend Wednesday night in Flag, so I'm game for almost anywhere. But Charley's does not open until 08:00, and that is if they open on time.

What say you "amo de todos que montan en dos ruedas"

I vote for Cracker Barrel....

Cracker Barrel is good also and I like their hash-brown casserole.

If Don agrees, then its a go to Cracker Barrel at 07:30 (or earlier is you Phoenicians end up with a tail-wind).

Do all interested parties know where Cracker Barrel is located in Flagstaff? If coming from Phoenix on I-17, take I-40 East one (1) exit to Exit 198 (Butler Ave), turn left on butler, ride just past the Giant gas station and turn right on Lucky Lane then ride until you come to Cracker Barrel. About a quarter mile or so.

If Don agrees, then its a go to Cracker Barrel at 07:30 (or earlier is you Phoenicians end up with a tail-wind).

Do all interested parties know where Cracker Barrel is located in Flagstaff? If coming from Phoenix on I-17, take I-40 East one (1) exit to Exit 198 (Butler Ave), turn left on butler, ride just past the Giant gas station and turn right on Lucky Lane then ride until you come to Cracker Barrel. About a quarter mile or so.
Ditto on the hash-brown casserole.

Don't know if Don will be ok with Cracker Barrel, they don't serve menudo. :angry2:

Been there a few times...thanks for the reminder. See you next thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ditto on the hash-brown casserole.

Don't know if Don will be ok with Cracker Barrel, they don't serve menudo. :angry2:

Been there a few times...thanks for the reminder. See you next thursday.
Crackle Barrel es muy bueno para mi. I'll just pick up a bag of chicharrones and bottle of Tapatio, for mi puerco intestines!!

Mi buen amigo, if you do like the hash-brown casserole, that's indeed a fine endorsement for becoming a Los Robustos M/C!!

Burk
Alrightyroo Badcat Burk, I'll be your Huckleberry! Just don't try and pull a "Fairlaner" and not stop for breakfast in Flagstaff!
Dam, the last time I heard "I'll be your Huckleberry" I was standing in a saloon in Tombstone and Doc said to Wyatt, I'll be your Huckleberry, and the next thing I knew lead was flying.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts