DFW Area Gen II Lower Seat Corbin Owners--I Would Like to Try Your Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
If possible, I'd like to see how your lower (they call it "closer") seat fits on my bike and what it does for my foot placement. I could come to you or give you my address, meet somewhere, whatever. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Love to help ya out, dude but I've got a gen one. I'm sure someone in the metromess will step up to help ya out.

If possible, I'd like to see how your lower (they call it "closer") seat fits on my bike and what it does for my foot placement. I could come to you or give you my address, meet somewhere, whatever. I would appreciate it. Thank you.
I just bought a Corbin for my 09. It's a good comfortable seat, but I didn't feel an improvement or change to foot placement. However I had shaved about a 1/2 inch off my stock seat. So in other words my shaved seat and the Corbin are about identical in seat height.

Bill

I wouldn't restrict my search to Corbin, IIWY--they're famously hard, though some like that. Other makers' seats could get you low enough by their shape, and be more comfy too=longer riding day. And even though you have it in the title of this thread, it's often helpful to put your location in your profile. Easy to modify.

I wouldn't restrict my search to Corbin, IIWY--they're famously hard, though some like that. Other makers' seats could get you low enough by their shape, and be more comfy too=longer riding day. And even though you have it in the title of this thread, it's often helpful to put your location in your profile. Easy to modify.
It doesn't say "Fort Worth" under my avatar? May have posted this before making some profile changes. Made some changes on 3 forums and can't remember. Thanks.

Pseudo-Fed - I have a Corbin front, pillion and smuggler for a 13 that I can let you sample if that works for you. I am in Frisco, a northern suburb of Dallas. The seats were (finally) delivered this week, the smuggler will be delivered next week.