DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, probably Saturday Nov. 10th to oggle the merchandise, no Triumph this year.
Triumph won't be at the show? I'm thinking about trying to pick up a Daytona 675 late next spring.

Maybe we could set a rough time to say hello and connect some faces with screennames? Maybe meet around the FJR around 11am?

I'm also coming up for the show but have to go on friday night and I'll be in my cage..unfortunatley. But maybe some Brothers and Sisters of the Feej are going friday night? I LOATHE the Metroplex in its funky ass entirety...died there for 12 years...but would love to visit with any and all survivors. I purchased my bike from Central Yamaha and they were very very good to me, especially since I'm a stinky little shit who always seemed to bail at their place with one of Planos finest in mediocre pursuit...oops..the nurse is here with my meds...see yas next week then !

Blessings,

Bobby

Yup, probably Saturday Nov. 10th to oggle the merchandise, no Triumph this year.
Triumph won't be at the show? I'm thinking about trying to pick up a Daytona 675 late next spring.

Maybe we could set a rough time to say hello and connect some faces with screennames? Maybe meet around the FJR around 11am, except that youngin, Odot, he can show up at 11:05?
Is that better Odot?

Try noon thirty......what's it gonna cost to get in? Three bags of salt and a mule?

B) I plan to be at the International Bike show in FTW Saturday. I will be volunteering at the CMA and/or Ride for Kids booths.

I hope to meet some of the locals there.

This is really a new topic, but I wanted to direct it especially toward the SFO people, because of the distance involved. I am thinking about a winter or early spring trip to Big Bend, and wanted to find out if any of y'all would be interested in a group ride. But this cannot be a weekend thang . . . we would need at least 4 days, and 5 would be better.

We can either camp in tents, or rent cabins or hotel rooms in the park, which is nearly a million acres large. The 2-lane highways north of the park are excellent, and traffic is non-existent. You can really lay some serious tracks in that part of the country.

February and March are great weather-wise, but 2nd week of March is Spring break, and accommodations are hard to come by.

My wife does not ride, and is very distressed that I might go alone from Oklahoma. My son llives in Ft. Smith, and may be able to go, but on his old Magna, he has to stop for fuel every 120 miles! (I'm trying to get him to trade up to a sport-tourer.)

Any interest from Dallas/Houston/Austin/OKC? Canada?

ok since the vikings are playing the packers sunday, i'll have to go saturday.

Good to hear fjrchick, maybe I'll see you at 11:00???

Phil, I'd love to go with you. I was out there last April and had a blast. Camping in February might be a little cold though. Consider me a maybe at this point if it all comes together.

Phil, I'd love to go with you. I was out there last April and had a blast. Camping in February might be a little cold though. Consider me a maybe at this point if it all comes together.

So far, that's 2 of us, or 3 if Son Eric can make it! Checked out the ride on your Blog; looks like y'all had a great time. I have been to the park several times, but only once with a bike (KLR650), which I carried in a toy hauler. We camped in Terlingua, and rode the area, including Fort Davis and McDonald Observatory. The big bikes are a must for getting there, but the KLR was great around the park. There are some backroads that were difficult for Eric on his 750. Wish I could drag the KLR behind the FJR!

How about second half of March, after the kids go back to school from Spring break? I've just installed bar risers and highway pegs. Need to settle on a touring saddle, then will be ready for some serious road-eating.

Any more adventurous types out there?

Man! Yamaha's display was huge this year!! Biggest one there by far. A few of us met by the FJR at 11 am on Saturday. Here's a coupla pics from the day:

GPRider (Gary) and TejasFJR (Marcos) discussing dohickeys and widgets. :lol:

Future FJR chicks!! :clapping: (Marcos' daughters)

This thing wasn't all that bad! Pretty comfortable actually.

I know I have NO business owning or desiring a bike like this...but...i wish, i wish, i wish!!! :p

It was fun! See ya next year!

Yes, a great day it was. I don't think I've ever seen quite that many bikes ridden in to that show before. Very nice displays inside and out.

GP :clapping:

I went on Friday night and it was GREAT ! TONS of bikes too. I didnt hook up with any FJR folk though, but the guys at Central Yamaha in Plano were there and they remembered me well...ya just dont forget somebody as loud and stinky as me ! The Ural display was cool and I thought some of the choppers were nice as well, there were lots of 'em too ! I will post pics, but I was shooting film, B&W Agfapan 25 as a matter of fact, and will attempt to post after I process and have em scanned. The Ducati's were fire engine perty too. As it was the beginning of the show the vendors were very friendly and gave me lots of free stuff. My favorite purchase was a black t-shirt that proclaims " 30 Grand and 30 miles dont make you a biker". :clapping: :yahoo: Wore that puppy right on over to the Hardly display...they tried to act amused whilst figuring out how to short out my pacer :blink: , But all in all it was a really good time and my ex TI comrades and I had a blast. Maybe next year I can do Saturday. Till next time.

Blessings,

Bobby

I saw an 07 at Love's gas station at 35W and Garden Acres in FTW on Saturday morning about 9 am with a buncha cruisers. Anyone here?

I also saw an 05 up in McKinney on Custer Rd around 11 am with some other bikers. Glad y'all got to enjoy the 80 degree weather while i babysat 3 kids all weekend that reconfirmed my desire to never have more than 1! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw an 07 at Love's gas station at 35W and Garden Acres in FTW on Saturday morning about 9 am with a buncha cruisers. Anyone here?
I also saw an 05 up in McKinney on Custer Rd around 11 am with some other bikers. Glad y'all got to enjoy the 80 degree weather while i babysat 3 kids all weekend that reconfirmed my desire to never have more than 1! :lol:

Yup , that was me on the 2007 Black Cherry at Loves, The Group was the Star Riding and touring Chapter 206 that I belong to. Traded from a Road Star to the Fjr