DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Saturday the 25th, I am going to ride up to Frisco to check out the Motorcops National Training and Skills Championship.

Kind of make a day of it.

You guys want to get a ride in early and then check out the competition.

Mark

Well, my previous post got such an overwhelming response I thought I'd try again - :wacko: ;)
So, anyone up for a ride in the next couple weeks? We'll start there and work our way to a specific date and route. :D
Hey I meant to but got but got slammed at work again. Last time I saw you was on Shuckstack with the glowing '03 if I recall. Proceed without me as I have turned workaholic for awhile.

Excellent, OK, we have maybe 3 riders so far (me and Greg and mbottoms). Who's next? Don't be shy, Eric? odot? FJRChick? GPRIDER? Rumor has it that the fourth person is going to win some sort of prize!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my previous post got such an overwhelming response I thought I'd try again - :wacko: ;)
So, anyone up for a ride in the next couple weeks? We'll start there and work our way to a specific date and route. :D
Hey I meant to but got but got slammed at work again. Last time I saw you was on Shuckstack with the glowing '03 if I recall. Proceed without me as I have turned workaholic for awhile.
Huh? Me thinks you have me confused with someone else. I never had an '03 of ANY type of vehicle. ;)

Huh? Me thinks you have me confused with someone else. I never had an '03 of ANY type of vehicle. ;)

I think I'm going to be busy this weekend. We will get together for a ride soon though. Don't know what's going on with Chik. She may be slammed at work too.

GP

This Saturday the 25th, I am going to ride up to Frisco to check out the Motorcops National Training and Skills Championship.Kind of make a day of it.

You guys want to get a ride in early and then check out the competition.

Mark
What time? That ought to be fun to watch. ....and where in frisco?

I cannot find a schedule for this thing.

I plan to be there around 8am or so and then figure a plan from there.

So are we going to meet there and plan a ride from there or what?

Let me know.

Mark

Mark, I don't know what my schedule is going to be tomorrow so it's hard for me to plan a ride there. I'm going to try to make it out at some point...but I don't know what time.

The competition is being held on the west side of the stadium. For those of you coming north to Frisco take Dallas Parkway north to Main Street. Turn right (east) onto Main. The next signal light is World Cup, turn left (north) there. The event is in the parking lots on the west side of World Cup. It should be going by 8 AM. I went and watched some of the practice on Wednesday, and even after being in law enforcement for 15 years, it still amazes me how some of those guys can handle a motorcycle. There are teams from all over, the furthest I saw Wednesday was a team from Pittsburgh, Pa.

This might be a good chance to meet some of you. I'll leave Pottsboro at about 8:30. Where will you meet/park at Pizza Hut Park?

Glenn, I'm not sure when I'll show up but it looks like I'll be there close to 8:00. I'm not sure were I'll be parked...but if you see an '07 FJR I should be somewhere around it - stop by and say hi.

Well it was an amazing competition. As the kids these days would say, those motor cops have mad skilz. It was nice to meet Mark (mbottoms), Glenn (GlennS), and Greg (gregorytx). Hopefully we can all get together again for a ride.

It was nice finally meeting some other FJR riders. I will look forward to future rides.

Those Motor Cops reminded me of just how rusty my slow riding is. (Not that I ever rode to the standards we saw today)

John, Where did you get that map? I'd like to start one for my FJR.

Take care

Where the hell were you guys? I met rex and his buddy tanner. Saw a couple other feejers there but that was it. Them coppers doing the team stuff were nuts......way to close for my comfort. That takes some nutsack.......or, "batwing".....as tanner would call it.

Where the hell were you guys? I met rex and his buddy tanner. Saw a couple other feejers there but that was it. Them coppers doing the team stuff were nuts......way to close for my comfort. That takes some nutsack.......or, "batwing".....as tanner would call it.

Odot,

Brotha, you up drinking cold bravos again til' 0300 in the morning? <tipping my cold bravo to ya!> Tanner and I sure enjoyed riding with you today. It was great meeting Greg as well.

Tanner's "batwings" morphed into a "hatchet wound" by the time we got home. LOL!

Give me a shout sometime and we will do some riding.

Keep the dirty side down bro.

RexNfx, Sexxxy Rexxxy, Rexstasy, T-Rex, Rexercise, etc...

RLTW!!

Latest posts