DFW Group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallen Jim Rides again

Reaction score
One of the favored ride possibilitys from our last meeting was a ride to the Northwestern part of Arkansas. Mena was suggested by someone as a possible jumping off point. As it turns out, my favorite son-in-law has family there. I have asked my daughter to inquire of the locals about accomodations and such in that area just to get a feel for what might be available and such as that.

I'm generally thinking about May or June being a window to shoot for so that the waiters might have their AE's by then but this is a group thing so . . . .

Shall we start planing?

general plan 1

Ride up on a Friday, room over and ride all day Saturday, room over and return Sunday.

general plan 2 (probably better but harder to get together on)

Do essentially the same thing but during the week to avoid weekend traffic. Maybe a day longer. I remember that Nosecone had a very good experience doing a weekday ride. Bounce also has more than a little experience there IIRC.

Any takers? Of course, this isn't limited to just the DFW riders. Any who just want to get some fun riding in are welcome.

Can we do this?

I can give you about a 60% yes at this point. I need to check on things and make sure I know where the holes in my schedule are but June looks a little better to me right now.

Count me in. If you like continuously crooked roads, the Ozarks are hard to beat. The two nite plan will leave you with more miles of smiles. :clap:

Also, once known, additional details (location for the overnighter, a scheduled lunch location, etc.) so that those who work for a living ;) can head up either after work on friday or on saturday morning and hook up with those who have made a long weekend out of it. IMO it would be best to schedule a DIFFERENT weekend than an HSTA gathering. Lots of other riders to clog the roads and roooms as well as some attitudes that might get locals ticked off. Not all HSTA riders are that way, but there are those who do push the limit of locals' patience.

Mena has a few places that aren't too expensive.

We used to stay in Harvey House a lot. I'm not sure why the recent change other than perhaps general upkeep of the location.

Harvey House Inn

704 Highway 71 N, Mena, AR

(479) 394-3710

Sun Country Inn was the place we stayed the last couple of times. Double occupancy helped offset the cost a little. It's newer than HH.

Sun Country Inn

1309 Highway 71 N, Mena, AR

(877) 394-7477

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 to avoid the T-18, to much competion for the corners. Week or weekend is fine with us, we can get off just about anytime. Sounds fun!!