Did you buy your FJR with cash?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In fact, if you pay more than your minimum payment each month, there's more money that goes to principal, so you can lower your effective interest rate over the life of the loan. All ya got to do is figure the payment at the rate you want, then subtract that amount from your current payment, and then add that difference to your regular monthly payment. Viola!, you're paying roughly that lower rate by the time everything shakes out at the end.
That is true. However, in order to equalize 15% to 6% you need to be making drastically huge payments specially in the beginning of the loan life. And pay off this loan much earlier. Someone who does not have the flow to do so is better off making a regular payment for a few month, build up their credit score and then refi what ever is left at the much better rate.

Good point... sometimes you have to "buy" your credit history.

No, folks, TWN ain't from here. You can tell by the full mouth of teeth. ;)

No, folks, TWN ain't from here. You can tell by the full mouth of teeth. ;)

Yeah, I had to add an edit, but it's still not right. Though we've been saying that about TWN for a while! Hmmm, around here we don't slur folks from places we aren't from. Bad form TWN. :unsure: You're not one of those CA natives are you? I hear they are pretty rare.

And thanks for clearing that up Scab. :detective2: Wouldn't want any confusion. :lol:

Bought mine new on ebay. New. Cash.

Flew to Atlanta to pick pick it up.

Rode the Tail of the Dragon on a cold November morning.

Rode back to New Mexico and loved every minute of it.

Except the snow. :lol:

paid cash as I only carry liability insurance on bikes
Now THAT is an interesting take... 2006 with no collision insurance?

I didn't pay cash for mine, but I will, when the 6 months/no interest/no payments deal runs out with Yamaha. Better than paying cash, as I am using their money, and their bike for 6 months... :yahoo:

I bought mine today and used Yamaha's 0 interest and 0 payments for 6 months. Thought it would give me lots of time to sell my ST which is going Tuesday. I will just send them the check before it gets spent.

I bought mine today and used Yamaha's 0 interest and 0 payments for 6 months. Thought it would give me lots of time to sell my ST which is going Tuesday. I will just send them the check before it gets spent.
Update your profile, Bob. You are now a proud FJR OWNER! :clapping:

I used Yamaha's six months same as cash deal then paid it off after five months. If you go beyond the six months, they really stick it to you.