Did You Name Your Bike ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By a short process of elimination I chose "Pearl" for my 08 FJR and "Slimer" for my 06 KLR. For what reason I don't know other than to offer someone a name for the which bike I am going to ride today. And yes they are alive! If you put a hole in either one they will definitely bleed :) .

edit - duplicate post removed.

(Is there another way to do this?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend that has 4 bikes, including a mid 80's Connie.

She calls it the "Ningebago"

Kind of fits.

My 2003 was Silver after the Lone Ranger's horse. My 2005 is named Blue Angel.

FYI, my DR650 is Scout (after Tonto's Horse)

I called mine, Bertha. As in BIG. Course, she's a Venture.

Just waiting for her little cousin, Betty, the F****** Joyous Ride to arrive......sometime damned soon, I hope. Getting tired of lugging that 869 pounds around!

I called mine, Bertha. As in BIG. Course, she's a Venture.

Just waiting for her little cousin, Betty, the F****** Joyous Ride to arrive......sometime damned soon, I hope. Getting tired of lugging that 869 pounds around!

Thought I'd answered this one B-4?

My '05 Galaxy Blue is the "Blue OX"

The second bike is a '02 Suzuki DL 1000 and its name (also blue) is "X" or it is my ex (because I've never had an ex) = :bad:

Problem is, I like my "X"! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife named mine 'Bertha' because she is a bit of a fatass; but I'm OK with that.

I've been known to refer to Bertha as Sparky after a loose battery connection incident...

My wife named mine 'Bertha' because she is a bit of a fatass; but I'm OK with that.

I've been known to refer to Bertha as Sparky after a loose battery connection incident...
Is it the wife or the bike that are "a bit of a fatass?" :huh:

Wait, be careful before answering.

Does the wife also read this forum? :angry: :p