Do it yourself Bike Lift Project that Video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it...a lot.

Getting to that age where scooting around on the shop floor on my knees or a$$ is getting less enjoyable.

Thanks John

Very clever! His video is even better with right to the point shots. Though the height of the lift is not ideal but sufficient enough to work on the bike, saving more backache.

I am not a Harbor Freight fan, but I took a chance on the Pittsburgh lift table and I don't have any regrets with the purchase. They are frequently on sale with a coupon out of motorcycle magazines for $299.00. I replaced the wonky front wheel clamp with an inexpensive wheel chock, added a scissor jack and I am set to go. I also purchased the exact same set up for the motorcycle school I run to maintain my 17 training bikes, and both lifts work great exceeding my expectations for Chinese shit.

Motorcycle lift table

Scissor Jack

Wheel chock

Last edited by a moderator:
...His video is even better with right to the point shots...
This was the worst part! He could've added approximately 3792 times more value if he had made the video 20 minutes long instead of 2, and droned on the entire time!

/sarcasm
I never even watched the video at first but I thought the video was great!

I watched it with the sound muted because I had my eight month old grand-daughter sleeping in my lap. It was still easy to follow and I think I have a good understanding of what he did. Very well done video.

I have a lift (a Handy), but were I considering getting something I think I'd go for the harbor freight lift before building this version. Much more utility for what is still a reasonable price.

I have a Harbor Freight Lift, it works great and is plenty stable with the FJR on it when the bike is on the center stand.

I have the HF wheel clamp for now but may go to the roll in wheel chock this winter. I posted this video because I thought it was pretty ingenious and a great example of a picture says 1000 words.

This was the worst part! He could've added approximately 3792 times more value if he had made the video 20 minutes long instead of 2, and droned on the entire time!/sarcasm
Haha! Classic. Do you mean to tell me that there are actually some videos for simple things like, oil changes and final drive fluid changes, that are more complicated and long winded than they need to be...? Wait, don't answer that.

This was the worst part! He could've added approximately 3792 times more value if he had made the video 20 minutes long instead of 2, and droned on the entire time!/sarcasm
Haha! Classic. Do you mean to tell me that there are actually some videos for simple things like, oil changes and final drive fluid changes, that are more complicated and long winded than they need to be...? Wait, don't answer that.
There are some, right here on this forum. I know, hard to believe, but it's true. Trust me! :)

That's pretty neat. I also have the HF lift and park one of my bikes on it so it's not in the way - but even that small height increase (lift "collapsed") makes things like oil changes, brake bleeding, even wheel removal for tire changes SO much easier. Rolling shop seat required.. :)