Don't Anybody Tell......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Wonky is away having the final fitment for the first production unit of a long-time in coming farkle ...

And I hope her feelings won't be hurt - cause I needed to get home......

So this is what I tucked in tonight ....

149108296-L.jpg

I'm hoping she won't know this was here when she gets back - the last time a Harley was even talked about around her, she split a fuel injector o-ring, causing lots of grief....

This is the first time I've ridden a HD - and it WAS DIFFERENT......

And I still have to ride it back to pick up the girl when she's done.

Ever ride a bike where you felt like you were just along for the ride?

Wheeeeee.........

This is the first time I've ridden a HD - and it WAS DIFFERENT......

And I still have to ride it back to pick up the girl when she's done.

Ever ride a bike where you felt like you were just along for the ride?

Wheeeeee.........

I'm hoping she won't know this was here when she gets back - the last time a Harley was even talked about around her, she split a fuel injector o-ring, causing lots of grief....
Definately a different beast needing taming.

Piloted a Sportster around a parking lot which vibrated like heck and also rode bitch on a Road King dresser to go get some gas for my empty Vstar Classic 650. I forgot to keep an eye on the mileage after I hit reserve. Doh!

Definately a different beast needing taming.
Piloted a Sportster around a parking lot which vibrated like heck and also rode bitch on a Road King dresser to go get some gas for my empty Vstar Classic 650. I forgot to keep an eye on the mileage after I hit reserve. Doh!

I love me some Road King.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey - AWWRIGGHTY NOW! Hal finally has a real motorcycle..

Have you removed the mufflers yet?

Blipped the throttle a few times when at the stop light just to hear her roar?

... let the missus ride on it yet? :rolleyes: Once she has, you'll be selling the fjr what-ever you used to have.. :unsure:

Whew, I was scared for a second that you bought one of those beast and turned to the dark side. Make sure you clean any oil spills before Wonky get home!!

Hey now your talkin Hal. I love my old 1988 SoftTail. She's a real beauty and sleeps in the garage with the FJR. No problems there. The old girl has never leaked a drop of oil or had any real issues. She's the most reliable bike I've ever owned and just keeps on tickin. What a comfortable ride with the Saddlemen seat with drivers backrest and with the ridged mount motor I need no after market viberator as it is the factory original. Oh ya, you have to blip the throttle once in a while cuz its so far up the oil tubes on those tall cylinders and the exhaust is not like the FJR's nice silent mode as the rumble is music to my ears. I'm really blessed to have both bikes and the best of both worlds. Enjoy the RK while you can. PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Pssssssssssst!

It looks to me like the sidestand is gonna collapse and make bike fall-down-go-boom. :unsure:

...or maybe it will just flop to a 45 degree angle when it hits the floorboards ;) and no damage.

Wonky? Wonky who? Wonky is gone? Still not back after ALL this time? The HD fever setting in Hal? :rolleyes:

Wonky? Wonky who? Wonky is gone? Still not back after ALL this time? The HD fever setting in Hal? :rolleyes:
HEY !!

I'm in daily contact with Ron, checking on Wonky's condition, her state of mind, making certain that he's tucking her in properly at night. I don't want the girl to be too upset with me when I get her back.

As to Igor in my garage, he's sitting quietly, waiting patiently until I take him back. My guess is when I roll him out of the garage, I'll have to clean up his territory marking.

He doesn't get ridden much - he's a 2003 hundredth anniversary edition with 4800 miles. Me thinks he's giving Brundog a run for his money.

149941491-L.jpg

(Ya know what? I have this compulsion to go polish some chrome....)

This is nuts.....kaitsdad rolls in on a hog and all the harleyhaters are instantly on sabbatical....what's up with that?

Never content with compromise bikes, i.e., dual sport, sport touring, ect., I find myself looking real hard at a combo to replace my FJR. I'm thinking it would be hard to beat a Royal Star Venture for the 2 up long haul and I can't think of anything that would be more fun in the twisties and around town than a KTM950 Supermoto....I know it's blasphemy but I want's what I want's.