Dreams of the IBR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
I guess maybe because the ButtLite is now done and over, but last night I had my first IBR dream. I was sitting with some fellow riders and Mike Kneebone and talking about how we justify the cost and time off for riding in the IBR. I am just hoping gas wont be over $5.00 a gallon by next July.

After a serious multi-day rally effort, those dreams can get pretty "interesting". During the 2005 IBR, I had dreams of riding balls out between the checkpoint and other places to help a couple of riders trying to get checked in. Power sliding around corners, almost getting my rear tire trapped in a curb-recessed storm drain, etc. Woke up with quite the heart beat.

Some compare it to PTSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess maybe because the ButtLite is now done and over, but last night I had my first IBR dream. I was sitting with some fellow riders and Mike Kneebone and talking about how we justify the cost and time off for riding in the IBR.
Maybe this really did happen, you are just imagining that you dreamt this........ :dribble:

I am just hoping gas wont be over $5.00 a gallon by next July.
Every time I am stuck on some twisty back road stuck behind some frick'n RV I mutter under my breath that gas obviously isn't expensive enough. :angry:

A few years back when the big gas spike happened that summer I noticed a definite drop in the number of large gas guzzling vehicles on the road. Perhaps we need another healthy spike a month or so before the IBR just to scare all the tourists off the road <_<

- Colin