Driver's and Passenger's Feet Vying for Position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale2010

Reaction score
I've noticed that my wife's feet (when placed normally on her rear foot pegs) are sometimes in my way (or I'm in her way, depending on who's telling the story). Neither or us have particularly big feet but she's unable to rest the arch of her foot on her rear foot peg without the toe of her boot interfering with the heel on my boot. There is not much place for relocating as she's blocked by the saddlebags and I need to keep my feet where they are to properly control shifting and braking. Anyone else encountering this problem?

Have any found a suitable solution to the 'footsie' problem?

Thanks,

Dale

I wear size 13 boots; my 15-y.o. son also takes a 13. When he rides with me our feet don't interfere with each other's. I can only conclude that while you and your wife each have normal sized feet, you must both be wearing clown riding boots. Perhaps others can add even more helpful thoughts here. Good luck with this, though. ;)

10.5 for me and an 8 for the GF. Only time our feet tangle, WHILE ON THE FEEJ, is right before cornering. In the corners I am on the ballz of my feet, better control of the bike and your body position. Left over from the sportbike dayz. Driver's feet have priority on positioning, pillion will adjust accordingly.

Have her point her toes out or, while cornering, slide her's back a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife & I both have average size shoes, 11 & 8. While riding there is no interference. But everytime I need to put the side stand down I have to move her foot out of the way if she wasn"t paying attention.

I run into the same problem from time to time, but usually only when I've got the balls of my feet on the pegs. I'm kinda wondering if pillion peg lowering changes this for the better or worse (thinking about lowering the rears for her knees).

I have experienced this same issue just prior to entering corners as I move up to ball of my foot to make sure I don't catch a boot.

Wife has learned to anticipate this movement and slides her feet back a tad