Dropped it again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorkler

Ave U !!!!
Reaction score
Went out to central islip from staten island wich should of been a hour and fifteen minutes yep memorial day weekend and i left at 10:30 am arrived 12 :40 in 90 plus heat . had lunch with a freind made my way back to brooklyn to see my mother in law who was having here breat removed from cancer 80 mph all most all the way to brooklyn .n/y of course thereis no parking so i put it on the sidewalk and then have second thoughts why not move it on the hospital sidewalk which is on a decline and has a 3 in. bump i had to get the bike overthe bump try to push it over no good get off the bike i,2,3, push drop .People all over the place and not one helped . no problem i got it up pretty fast minnor damage to the mirror and the slider plus the clutch is bent a bit . Go down the block to get something to dring some guy says nice bike i watched you drop it what kid of bike is it . i was going to say jerk off how about a hand . also i was dehydrated headache and zero sweat . shit happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Zork... I can't imagine. Where I live if you drop a bike you have too many folks trying to help. NY is different...

Sorry and I hate to say, I completely understand. I lived in NYC, in a variety of places. Generally, no one helps. The only payback for those witnesses is that when they need help, no one will help them either.

Went out to central islip from staten island wich should of been a hour and fifteen minutes yep memorial day weekend and i left at 10:30 am arrived 12 :40 in 90 plus heat . had lunch with a freind made my way back to brooklyn to see my mother in law who was having here breat removed from cancer 80 mph all most all the way to brooklyn .n/y of course thereis no parking so i put it on the sidewalk and then have second thoughts why not move it on the hospital sidewalk which is on a decline and has a 3 in. bump i had to get the bike overthe bump try to push it over no good get off the bike i,2,3, push drop .People all over the place and not one helped . no problem i got it up pretty fast minnor damage to the mirror and the slider plus the clutch is bent a bit . Go down the block to get something to dring some guy says nice bike i watched you drop it what kid of bike is it . i was going to say jerk off how about a hand . also i was dehydrated headache and zero sweat . shit happens
That's sad, that no-one bothered to help.

Just for the record, it's not just New York. I dropped my ~1000lb Goldwing a few years ago at an intersection in Portland, OR. There were cars and people all around. I struggled for a good ten minutes to get that monster back on it's feet. Not one person, not even those stuck behind me, came up to lend a hand. It's a tough world out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
:angry: Cagers, all of them....If there had been true riders around they would have stopped to help. I dropped mine just as a fellow rider was pulling up to the same lot. He parked his quick, threw off his helmet and was at my side helping before I knew. :yahoo: Also was the first to say, "You got that part out of the way!" since he knew I had just bought it.... :p

You should have said something. I know in the south people are a little more inclined to help. Sucks man. Just have to get up and ride.

this is the second time the first time i had my wife on the back had about 500 miles on it was stoped put my left foot down and there was a 10 in. decline down she goes .and ny wife took the brunt of it with here knee and elbow . shes has not been on it since and that was in june of 05

Pisser...

I hate that moment when you know it's going over, but you just can't stop it.

"OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT!" Then over it goes....

Did you have the bags on? What's the verdict, fix it or forget it?

just need left mirror adjusted the clutch lever might change the left slider no bags on . just luck with the bags

Sorry bout' the drop Z....

On the people not jumping to help thing though..... On-lookers could see it going either way if the asked if someone needed help in that situation... I know myself that if/when she goes over,... the last thing that i want for five min's after the event is someone within 10' of me and commenting/helping in any way/shape/forum. But that's just my nature/crankiness when things go wrong attitude :unsure:

-Don