Dropped it again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I parked my bike at my parents house yesterday while helping my sister move. I intentionally put it out of the way so I wouldn't get molested in any way. Came back to find the bike on its side. :angry2: Turns out, my dad tried to move it because he thought my mom might hit it with the car. Scratched the lower portion of the left side case and the slider (thank God) but everything else escaped without damage. I was PISSED!

I parked my bike at my parents house yesterday while helping my sister move. I intentionally put it out of the way so I wouldn't get molested in any way. Came back to find the bike on its side. :angry2: Turns out, my dad tried to move it because he thought my mom might hit it with the car. Scratched the lower portion of the left side case and the slider (thank God) but everything else escaped without damage. I was PISSED!
Thanks DAD! :clapping:

I can imagine. I have never dropped a...Ummm...Bike.

I dropped my ZX-6 after siging divorce papers...Seems I put my helmet on the helmet lock instead of carrying...I never do that. I cranked and tried to ride off. Seems my head was not in order at that time, and I felt a funny breeze that I normally don't feel. I stopped and hopped off...The bike kept on falling where the kick stand should have been...Oppsss.

I also layed the R1 over in a gas station. Turning to the lock...Slipping the throttle...chocked it down and jumped on the brakes. Seems that tightens up the turning radius a bit...Luckily I held it all the way down and it only put a small scatch on the muffler...Yep, I still had the temp plates from the dealer with about 20 witnesses including my wife laughing on her SV-650S.

Do you not drive the bike over the curbs? I have to do it at work...I just hop up and over. I used to do it with my ST1100 also. The sportbikes...forget about it. I couldn't even drive up the flipdown gate on my trailer without knocking the muffler lose on the R1. Ground clearance is awesome!!!

Last edited: