Dropped the Feejer today :-(

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogMcQ

Reaction score
I pulled onto a gravel & stone carpark today and as I turned the bike I hit a rut in the ground which caused the bars to be swung to the right and at the same time the bike stopped dead. I was thrown off the seat and the best I could do was to lay the bike down as slowly as my strength would allow.

Four car-drivers simply watched me thru their mirrors struggling to pick the bike up. It was virtually impossible, especially considering my right arm had been strained trying to stop the bike going over in the first place. Luckily, a passing biker had seen me go down and came to assist me. Together, we managed to sit the bike back up and to my great relief, there wasn't a single scratch on the bike!

£90 spent on crash-bungs was certainly money well spent :yahoo:

A good ending then! I bet you'll be sore tomorrow...laying her down softly isn't so easy on the muscles!

I try to avoid the gravel especially at real slow speeds and with my feet down...I've slipped a couple of times and almost dropped it...leaves in the garage too.

Good call on the "crash-bungs"!

Glad to hear the bike came out unscathed!!! :D

What technique did you use when you were trying to pick the bike up by yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
What technique did you use when you were trying to pick the bike up by yourself?
I used the "He-Man" technique but ended up looking like She-Man :angry2: The bars were already at full lock, so I put both hands on the throttle and applied the front brake, then pulled like a bastard. To no avail. I was losing my footing on the gravel and knew that it could end with a secondary drop, so I waited for help.

Four car-drivers simply watched me thru their mirrors struggling to pick the bike up.
Probably just as well. If they are not motorcyclists they'd be less than stellar help.

Together, we managed to sit the bike back up and to my great relief, there wasn't a single scratch on the bike!
:clapping: :eek:k: I hope you offered him :drinks: .

I used the "He-Man" technique but ended up looking like She-Man :angry2: The bars were already at full lock, so I put both hands on the throttle and applied the front brake, then pulled like a bastard. To no avail. I was losing my footing on the gravel and knew that it could end with a secondary drop, so I waited for help.
Here's a technique you could try if it ever happens again (let's hope that it doesn't): https://www.pinkribbonrides.com/dropped.html

I've used this technique to pick up another bike (550 lbs) and it was easy but it might not work on gravel - the bike might just slide as you pushed with your legs.

I guess that saying is correct, two bungs do not make it right :yahoo:

Good save, now what did I do wrong??

You need to get that fat ass off the seat and stand up :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

weekend rider :)

Latest posts