Dropped this top-heavy PITA today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK now.... SIX pages on some guy who shouldn't be riding a bike and proves that dumb asses shouldn't ride MOTORcycles.
Sorry for being blunt but after riding for 40 freaking years you get tired of seeing and reading such stupidity.
WOW!!! Someone with a brain and not just a thread!! I agree--guys-get a life!

Great use of your 3rd post NEWB!!
I guess that after 2186 posts that your's was better-BURN OUT!!
Newbe..............

Not the way to start off as a FNG with only 5 post!!!!!!!!!

I know it's my fault, but I wanna redirect the blame to the defenseless inanimate object; so just go with me on this.
I hear ya, man. But this is FJRForum and 'tough love' is the rule.
Thank you, Skooter! All this touchy-feely "oh-I-dropped-my-bike-and-I-need-to-vent-so-I'll-get-a-group-hug" shit around here lately is making me ill. Man the fuck up, people (which HotRodZilla in a way kinda sorta did)! I officially nominate this thread for the "Kotex Thread of the Week Award".

Center stand, side stand,....when people get lazy, things happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_0094MOON.jpg

see its stuff like this that keeps me coming back to threads like this....pure entertainment....and not at the original poster's expense.
Gezz my ass is showing.

What an end to this thread eh??

:jester:

Wow, This is a top heavy bike that demands absolute attention at slow speeds. I dropped it once on a very slow turn. A little rear brake and got your butt on the outside of the turn and nvever touch the front brake at hese slow speeds. I have a 29" inseam in boots.

#2 DO NOT panic and simply grab your brakes. Think don't just react. #3 PAY ATTENTION even when you are having a good time and in a safe environment. #4 IT IS ALWAYS my fault if I break any or all of the first three.
One thing i have learned is power is your friend!!!! Coming from learning to ride an XR650 after 30 years of non riding.

DON'T SLOW DOWN. THROTTLE IS YOUR FRIEND. POWER IT OUT. This has allready saved me from a couple of close drops going down my 900 ft. long gravel driveway.

Might have to unsubscribe from this thread if any more fat moons by the campfire happen. You guys are brutal.

#2 DO NOT panic and simply grab your brakes. Think don't just react. #3 PAY ATTENTION even when you are having a good time and in a safe environment. #4 IT IS ALWAYS my fault if I break any or all of the first three.
One thing i have learned is power is your friend!!!! Coming from learning to ride an XR650 after 30 years of non riding.

DON'T SLOW DOWN. THROTTLE IS YOUR FRIEND. POWER IT OUT. This has allready saved me from a couple of close drops going down my 900 ft. long gravel driveway.
That one hit me about a second too late. It is something how you talk yourself through scenarios and how you should respond to then not do it when it counts. I filed this one under lessons learned and trust I will respond differently should it occur again. :drinks:

I guess I should look on the bright side. I did not drop it twice in the same day! :headbonk:

There is no way I am going to drop this bike. It just isn't going to happen.
Allrighty then.

I remember thinking those exact same words the day before I hit gravel and gently laid my Feejer on the ground. I sat in the garage starring at the scratches left by the rocks reminding myself of what I had thought. Yup. That worked out like planned!

I hope you are right as I would never wish for anyone to lay their bike over, I have been brought back to the NEVER SAY NEVER camp. :focus:

There is no way I am going to drop this bike. It just isn't going to happen.
Allrighty then.

I remember thinking those exact same words the day before I hit gravel and gently laid my Feejer on the ground. I sat in the garage starring at the scratches left by the rocks reminding myself of what I had thought. Yup. That worked out like planned!

I hope you are right as I would never wish for anyone to lay their bike over, I have been brought back to the NEVER SAY NEVER camp. :focus:
I am a big guy. I am 6'5" and about 280 pounds and strong as an Ox. I should never say never but I think I could hold this bike up if it started to fall over as long as I had decent footing. I guess I should not be so sure but I sure hope I do not drop it and am very careful when putting it up on the stand. I once put the bike on the side stand and then decided I wanted it on the center stand. When I lifted the bike up I never put the kickstand up and when the bike was going into it's locked possition on the center stand the kickstand smashed my toes. :angry:

Great use of your 3rd post NEWB!!
I guess that after 2186 posts that your's was better-BURN OUT!!
Look, n00b, learn the fuckin' lay of the land and the personalities here before you start in with your know-it-all horseshit. You gotta earn your way into this club and you are starting off with a few demerits.

166288.jpg

Sockmonkey is exactly right. What a damn bunch of whining ass pussies. What do you do with your tampax string while fueling? All this slow speed, top heavy, bullshit. Most of you don't know the meaning of top-heavy if you think and fjr is top-heavy. Go learn to ride the damn bike or sell it and get one of those sorry ass trikes. Maybe that's what some of you droppers should do, then you could piss and moan about some other self-induced problem...and waste forum time sharing about yet another facet of your expanded degree of inexperience.
Meh, I give it a 4.5. Very weak argument and not one serious explicative. Implying your personal perfection doesn't help, either. On second thought, I'm going to drop it to a 3, just for that.

Fuckin' n00bs. You're like a bad, itchy rash on bustanut's scrotum for which an ointment has yet to be developed. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: