Dry Graphite Spray = Touch Screen Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrstphrM

ChrstphrM
Reaction score
Dry Graphite Spray = Touch Screen Gloves

Dry Graphite Spray on your leather riding glove fingertips will make them work for all capacitive touch screens. This includes your tablet, phone, and GPS. I just tested this hack using Blaster Graphite Dry Lubricant spray. And, it works like a charm. This particular Dry Graphite Spray is only $7 at ace hardware or on Amazon. And I am sure this will work with any other brand as well.

• Spray Dry Graphite liberally on the fingertips you want to use for touch screens.
• I did the Pointer and Thumb of both my gloves.
• Be sure to spray on newspaper or cardboard or you can stain your background black.
• Wear nitrile gloves while spraying, especially if you have your hand in the leather glove you are treating.
• Let the gloves dry completely
• You can use a hairdryer to speed up the drying process.
• Repeat at least once.

I swear this is the best hack ever. I no longer have to remove my gloves to work my Phone/GPS at stoplights. And, if this wears off over time, all I need to do is give the gloves another quick squirt. This has got to be the cheapest and best working solution available.