Duluth around lake superior

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, 50 km/hr over the limit in Ontario gets your bike impounded on the spot and a hefty hefty fine. The LEOs will tell you they have no choice and won't give you any break on that. In hockey they call that a major penalty with a 10 minute misconduct plus a game misconduct. Bottom line, don't do it.

A general guideline you can't take as gospel anywhere, you can mostly get away with 20 km over the limit without a tickee. Usual precautions in town or school zones, etc.

I have an uncle that has a place up by Lutsen. My cousin and I rode up north on 61. Because it's very "Touristy" up there cars will just cross lanes at the last second. They see a scenic outlook, and just turn because they want their picture. My advice is leave a little extra room and watch for oncoming traffic turning in front of you. I was warned about it, and had 3 people do it to me. It is a great trip, and very scenic, my cousin does it every year and loves it.