Ear Plugs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mashugina

Does anyone know the name of the (or any) company, like the one you see at the motorcyle shows, who make custom fitted ear plugs? You know, they send you the kit, you shove that putty crap in your ear, and send it back to them to be customized.

"Pyle, I can't heeeeeeeeeeeeear youuuuuuu!"

Thanks.....

I got mine at the annual bike show. They do with or without speakers.

The company was:

W.K. Baker Co.

685 Parkhill

Santa Margarita, CA. 93453

805-438-5249

I've been using the custom ear pieces for almost 2 years now, tryed everything else before and nothing, nothing comes close to these. Click on the link in my last post and at least check them out. JB

Thanks Rogue......and GasMan.

Do you like them (the plugs)?

Do they cut out the wind noise?

Do they stay in your ear?

Are they confortable?

Are you using them with music/other?

Most important, are they worth the money?

Ya see, I have questions and no answers! :(

Gracias.

Last edited:
I have ones without speakers, I use them at work (Tax writeoff :D ) and on my bikes. I have the J&M 2003 on my FJR with helmet speakers and have no problem hearing the CB/XM Radio/Cell Phone/Radar Detector. They cut out all the wind noise and were defanantly worth it.

Do you like them (the plugs)? Yes.

Do they cut out the wind noise? Yes.

Do they stay in your ear? Yes.

Are they confortable? Yes.

Are you using them with music/other? Helmet speakers.

Most important, are they worth the money? YES

The problem with listening to music/communications through helmet speakers with really good earplugs is that you have to have the sound boosted 20-30dB to hear properly it across the earplugs.

Should you ever forget to put you plugs in and you get hit with +30dB boosted sound from your helmet speakers will probably having you tearing your helmet off . . . .

just my $0.02 . . .

BTW, another source I've seen recommended on ST.N is https://www.earplugstore.com .

I have not done any business with them and am not associated with them in any way, so I can't do much more than pass on the linky.

Last edited by a moderator:
I copied this off my FJR info file, I bought the Westones and like them much better than helmet speakers-$175. Ian, Iowa

The Westone website is: https://www.westone.com

Click on the link to "Recreation" and there is a big picture and link for the MH-1. They will also give you a link to a local audiologist for a fitting.

You can get custom molded earphones from EAR Inc. for half the price of westone. They appear to be identical.

I use the ear inc. ones, they need a bit of low frequency boost from my mp3 players equalizer, but they are great

Check out the Challenger earphones at the Ear Plug Superstore mentioned above. Here is a direct link: https://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/chmisearph.html

If they sound like the way to go, give Kieth Goudelock a call. I have purchased a bunch of Autocom stuff through Kieth (yes, that is the way he spells his 1st name) and he has been very helpful and has great pricing. Did I mention Kieth sells the same Challenger earphones? And for a better price than listed on the Ear Plug Superstore website? Kieth's number is: 918.446.2245

Dave

Did I mention Kieth sells the same Challenger earphones? And for a better price than listed on the Ear Plug Superstore website?
The Ear Plug site is $198, what is Kieth's price?

@BlueSunset - Have you used the Challenger's, and if so did you make any other comparisions before purchase?

I found the best prices at gun shows and the worst prices at cycle shows. Anyway, get it done on the spot. The don't block as much absolute noise as foamies but they are way more comfortable and faster to insert. I have both plain and ear-speaker designs. Autocom helmet speakers sound fine through the plain ones. And yeah, if you forget to put your plugs in the Autocom will definitely wake you up!