Early Planning- Fall OST Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtex1970

Reaction score
Some of you might recognize this topic from another place......

Anyway, we're talking about a South Texas- Hill Country ride around the Bandera and Leakey area. We have not picked a sure date yet. But, Saturday Oct 15th seems to be getting the most attention at this point.

Chime in if interested and stay tuned for more details.

Greg

Gtex1970,

I may be able to make this.

It is right before my father's birthday.

What a way to bring that in.

Hope to make it.

Ride Safe

Later on...

10/15 just happens to be on a weekend I'm not currently booked.... and those are few and far between. Could be a good match...

There is a BMW rally in Fredricksburg that weekend (I'll probably attend AND make breakfast at the OST) but not too many of them will find their way into the areas we usually ride.

10/15 sounds good to me also.

I'll be doing an early test run on 8/14. If anyone is interested in joining in, I'll meet you at OST @ 9AM for breakfast.

FJR Bandit

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you all mind if we open the Oct. 15th ride up to our FJR-Deprived friends?

I might invite some friends and coworkers, just to be nice. I doubt they will accept, but you never know. They ride everything from HDs to Hayabusa's.

I certainly dont mind and count me in ! Could ya bring my rubbers? Pleeeeeze! :D
Love :p

Bobby
bobby, please dpn't tell anybody that I've got your rubbers :)

You da man Greg !!! What a great write-up. Thanks for sharing. I was too young for the great ole days and I lived on the NE side of San Antone but we used to ride from New Braunfels to Boerne on a road called "River Road" that meanders with cibolo creek..the river. This was in '75-'79 and my little group of squids were all on 2 stroke twin Yamaha RD's and a couple Kawasaki 500 2 stroke triples...sounded like a mobile...quickly mobile...chainsaw convention !!! They were quick and the little RD's were nimble as hell but those Kaws wouldnt turn worth a crap ! Our FJRs are actually waaay more enjoyable and definately more reliable !!!!

Bobby

Any chance we could take the ride to the south and east of San Antonio....Say, ending up in Shiner??

I just heard that Bocktoberfest is the 15th and that Audioslave is headlining the event. WOW!

I am torn. A bunch of ugly old farts riding motorcycles, albeit in one of the most beautiful places in Texas. :bad:

or:

Throngs of scantily clad, partially inebriated, sweaty hoochie-mamas, great music and cold Shiner beer. :airkiss:

https://www.shiner.com/bocktoberfest/home.html

Where else can I guy see Audioslave and Clint Black all in one day?

Wait a minute...I quit drinking. Who's stupid idea was that?

Let's try to firm this up for October 15th. I'm going to leave Houston early afternoon on Friday, stay 2 nights in Kerrville, and come back Sunday morning. Meet up with the locals at the OST on Saturday morning. Dan, Mike, Scott--you guys still in? There was a lot of interest in this weekend--could be a good turnout.

Barry

FJRMG said "can we leave now? "

Answer is: NO, we can not leave now. We have to work more, save, steal, beg, money for gas!!! :dribble: