Edelweiss Adriatic or Alps Extreme Tour - June 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudslide Miller

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Anyone up for a European ride? Brett, myself and another rider are looking for a European ride in June of 2018. We are thinking the Adriatic Roller Coaster or the Alps Extreme tour. I have done the Alps Extreme but this one goes in the reverse direction of the one already completed. Due to conflicts with the Adriatic Roller Coaster dates in June, Edelweiss says they will put an Adriatic ride together for us on a different date if we can come up with 6-8 committed to schedule it. It takes a minimum of 6 for the tour.

Anyone interested in going to Europe in June or early July 2018?

Let me know soon if interested.

Thanks, Bruce

Throwing this over to the FJR side from Bruce Cain and Brian Boles of the AZBeemer group. We are planning another trip to Europe next June or July 2018. They are leaning more towards the Adriatic tour in June. With myself, we are currently at about 6 people. We want to get it between 8 to 12 people. Singles or couples welcome. So if any of you folks that did the Alps Extreme tour with BeemerDon in 2012 are interested again or anyone else that needs to get this off their bucket list, let us know. We need to get commitments in order to get the final details all worked out. It will be a private group for us that is put together by Edelweiss. If you haven't ever done one of these Edelweiss tours before and are on the fence, these folks know how to do it right. Great bikes, great food, great hotels; all taken care of.

Total cost for a single is approximately $2400 to cover the tour fees plus whatever airfare is. Our airfare was $1700 back in '12. Breakfasts and dinners are usually covered and you have to spring for lunch and petrol. You can figure on spending about $5000 on the whole trip. Yes, that is a lot of money, but I can promise it is the trip of a lifetime. I had so much fun on my last trip that I swore I would get back again some day. Those that have done them once or multiple times can attest to the great experience you will have.

Here is a link to the Adriatic Roller Coaster tour: https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/touren/?c=4sc

I'll sure second all the good things in that post--I did the Alps in '12 with Don and a few forum folks and some of the Zonies. What a blast! And a great group, too. Kind of a once in a lifetime, bucket list deal for me, but a great memory. Edelweiss sure sets it up right, too. And the way the hotels over there do breakfast, you can forget lunch costs. Whoever goes, you'll love this. Have fun.

So . . . you going, Gary?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Zbear,

Hadn't checked this in a while. Our ride organizer, Bruce Cain, is working with the travel agent that is dealing with the Edelweiss rep whom is setting up our ride. I'll let you know more details when we get them. Last I heard the tentative dates will be Jun 16 to 23, 2018. And it will be the Adriatic Rollercoaster Tour (see link in my previous post). Brian Boles bailed out & Dave Cooley is in so we are still at the minimum 6. You would be 7 should you decide to commit. There is room for more if anyone else is still interested. Couples also welcome!

Putting out a ‘last call’ for anyone that might have been entertaining the idea of doing this Adriatic trip. Our travel agent that is setting this up is saying that Edelweiss is requiring a $500 deposit to reserve a spot by the end of Oct. Only a few days left to decide. If interested, shoot me a PM. I sent a PM to Zbear, but got no reply yet. If anyone knows how to contact him otherwise, please pass this along.