Electrical Advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyducks

Reaction score
The past few days I have ridden in hard rain. My bike ha also been left to the elements without cover for a few of them too.

Last night I turned the key an nothing, not even the dials moving up and down.

I checked the battery and it is fine. I checked the main fuse and it appears to be good too. The ignition and other minor fuses appear to be working as well. (when I pushed back in the main fuse the speedo ramped up for a sec)

My gut tells me it is the ignition itself. It has been becoming stiff inside and hard to turn the key lately. And I fear the rain filled the hole and may have corroded things inside there.

What would be your next step? Thank you for this awesome forum members continued support.

Thanks tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Battery connections all good? Ck the leads going to the battery. Ck the ground connection also.

Have you fiddled with the right handlebar switch?

Last edited by a moderator:
I meat to ask if there is a way to test the ignition issue by using multimeter across fuse when it's turn key on and then off. Or will need to take the gas tank off and test the actual connection.