Electro-Farkling 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most welcome.
Be sure to post the outcome.
We can ask Admin to break this topic out if this thread and make it easier for others to find/follow your pioneering success!
Good luck.
-Steve

If applying 12V to both “1”’s in each connector, or each in turn, as described above, doesnt get the 50/100% lamp activity you want, then my guess would be the lamp doesnt support the dual intensity function. A confirmation would be comparing lamp part numbers from Yamaha OZ and Yamaha USA/CAD.
After that its looking at wiring diagrams. Or perhaps thinking of how to bring ignition switched power to the connector that lights the lamp at 50%.

Hey guys, just another possibility. I recently had a chance to upgrade some marker lights on my truck, ones that come stock on a different version of the same model. Found out it was more than just adding the lights and tapping into the wiring as it was all programed into the CAN bus system. I'm sure the FJR isn't as complicated but those indicators and others might be impacted by the ECU. Just a thought if nothing else pans out.

Most welcome.
Be sure to post the outcome.
We can ask Admin to break this topic out if this thread and make it easier for others to find/follow your pioneering success!
Good luck.
-Steve
Success Steve, I discovered these little beauties, https://www.customdynamics.com/eclipze2-module, arrived yesty. Work great, not sure if I'm exceeding the loading though.