Electronic Cruise Control FJR 2006 1300AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Rostra electronic unit as well. It was a pretty easy install, after I shortened the wiring harness.

I went with electronic unit for three reasons:

1) I haven't had much luck over the years with vacuum canisters on aftermarket cruise controls

2) Those canisters look like crap

3) The electronic Rostra doesn't require a cable slack tube or vacuum reservoir

I don't see any reason why you couldn't install one on a Gen 1 bike. I'm pretty sure that this is a Gen 1 install since it dates back to 2003. https://www.fjr1300.info/howto/audiovox.html

Last edited by a moderator:
This all sounds good..... Any chance of any of these working on a Gen 1 bike?? I have an 04 that has no miles (16,000 km's) and would really hate to trade it for a newer bike if I can fit one of these up. Suggestions???
This thread is about the 2006 AE and should stay on that topic.

But, this forum has been talking about cruise controls since its formation in 2005...so yeah most (if not all) of what is talked here (and the many, Many, MANY other threads on the forum) work on Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a few documented installs on Gen 1s. I never documented mine but used all the info from here. Ionbeam's wiring diagram of the ecu plug worked perfect.