Elevated Idle, periodic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRide

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have this happen?... One a 1hr run into the hills (for pie), I noticed that the engine braking was minimal. Pulled the clutch lever and noticed that the idle was at +2500. I eventually stopped to see what was amiss, gave it a few quick blips and it went back to a normal 1000. The 2013 is all electric throttle, right? so it's not a cable lube issue.... flying blind on this, any observations appreciated. Out again today and it's running normal?

Could still be throttle cables. Cables are used from the throttle tube to the sensor potentiometer in the engine bay. 

Cables can be seen running down the right of the picture below (click on image  for larger view) :

Just logged on here to see if anyone has been experiencing this symptom.  It has been happening on my 2014 w/ 55k miles lately.  Seems most prevalent early in a ride.  Have experienced it a handful of times.  Always seems to go away and not return until next time I take it out.  My rides are always several hours or more long and I don’t recall it happening once completely warmed up.