Engine Number On The FJR??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenoJohn

Reaction score
Another forum member (brick1) and I are in the midst of a very exciting international FJR transaction.

As we prepare our totally groovy 'BILL OF SALE' ....we are attempting to have everything detailed and in order as there will be scrutiny at the border.

Is there a unique engine number on the FJR? Is it the same as the VIN?

...and if different, where is it located??

Yes, of course a Gen1 ...don't be ridiculous -both buyer and seller only deal in superior merchandise. Even internationally Fat Bikes are taboo

BTW: after many vehicle transactions over the years, -This is my first one where the BILL OF SALE hasn't been done at 3:30a on the back of a cocktail napkin after a few bad hands of poker.

Last edited by a moderator:
The VIN is located up on the steering head/frame near the battery.

The engine # is on a boss on the back of the engine casing, where it points toward the rear wheel. You need a really small head to get between the engine and the rear fender, or a mirror and a flashlight.

The engine # is on a boss on the back of the engine casing, where it points toward the rear wheel. You need a really small head to get between the engine and the rear fender, or a mirror and a flashlight.
Thanks bounce, much appreciated

...so I'm assuming the engine number is NOT the same as the VIN number(?)

Thanks bounce, much appreciated

...so I'm assuming the engine number is NOT the same as the VIN number(?)

Nope