Enough already!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
042.jpg

Yeah it does! Looks like I'll be home again tomorrow (today?) because the swelling and pain is still there and I've been having muscle spasms to boot. On the plus side at least it's draining infected rancidness into my mouth to make me feel like puking as well. UGH! I'll be glad when this particular chapter in my life is over.

Hi Greg,

Sure wish that I had some photos to share but I haven't at this stage. But I am sending a truck load of good will your way. All the best mate.

Best regards and get well soon.

Surly(Steve)

UPDATE... Had an appt today with neuro surgeon... he wasn't there. Family emergency. But, saw his PA and looks like I'm headed for neck fusion probably C5-C7. Would love to hear reviews from those who have gone before me...

C5-C7 fusion has been confirmed pending work comp authorization and scheduling. Hoping to get a December slot so I can start 2015 on a better note!

Well, thats not worth the damn. Do research and make sure your workman's comp doc is good. My first knee surgery was done by a pompous idiot so I got to have a second one, making both of my knees worse on the two years I suffered through that shit. If the guy that did my second surgery had done my first, I woulda been golden from the start. MAKE them take good care of you.

Also, spill it...What the Hell happened?

C5-C7 fusion has been confirmed pending work comp authorization and scheduling. Hoping to get a December slot so I can start 2015 on a better note!
There are awesome doctors and medical facilities in Springfield.

Hoping and praying for quick healing for you.

Well, thats not worth the damn. Do research and make sure your workman's comp doc is good. My first knee surgery was done by a pompous idiot so I got to have a second one, making both of my knees worse on the two years I suffered through that shit. If the guy that did my second surgery had done my first, I woulda been golden from the start. MAKE them take good care of you.
Also, spill it...What the Hell happened?
Looks like I'm hooked up well on the doctor, Dr Lee at Mercy in Springfield has great backing and several people I know have had success working with him. It was just dumb luck I got him since it's work comp.

This is all a result of my crash back in July. July 3rd to be exact, was headed to lunch on the work bike and crashed. So far I've got the C5-C7 injury, some issues around T7, 8 and also L4, 5. all spinal stuff from hitting the sidewalk with an 850 pound Harley Road King on top of me. Secondary issues involving my lower right leg, ankle and knee, right hip, and right shoulder. The ridiculous thing is all of this crap could have been lessened with better riding gear... I'll stay off that soap box. Long story short I still have a long road to recovery, may never be a motor officer again, and possibly may be medically retired by the time it's all said and done.

Wow Greg, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I know you'll get better but hope it will be sooner than later. I will figure out how to post and get some one here for you. We went to the Dragon this summer so I have a few shots that can be shared.