Enough already!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm real sorry to hear about all the crap you're going through, and I think I'm picking up some real bitterness about the lack of good gear almost all agencies equip their officers with. I've never understood that. Anyway, I hope you get relief from this upcoming procedure, and things work out for you.

Meanwhile, here's a pic I'm not in (having taken it, of course) and that contains no FJRs, but it might be fun to picture yourself being in this group, heading out of Munich toward a fantastic Alps adventure in gorgeous weather. Hope you--heck I hope everybody--gets a chance to do something like this someday.

IMG_2434-Copy_zpsa746b11b.jpg

I'm real sorry to hear about all the crap you're going through, and I think I'm picking up some real bitterness about the lack of good gear almost all agencies equip their officers with. I've never understood that. Anyway, I hope you get relief from this upcoming procedure, and things work out for you.
Thanks for the awesome pic, yeah that looks like perfection to me right now. The irony of my wreck is just before it happened we had a meeting with our entire motor section about getting better riding gear. We have about 10-12 full time riders. To purchase all the gear I suggested would cost about $1500 per rider. I've been playing the "what if" game ever since my crash. I'd also be interested in finding out just how much I'm gonna end up costing the city... $1500 for my gear vs what they're paying for my crash... I bet my bills alone would have bought gear for everyone.

Thanks for the awesome pic, yeah that looks like perfection to me right now. The irony of my wreck is just before it happened we had a meeting with our entire motor section about getting better riding gear. We have about 10-12 full time riders. To purchase all the gear I suggested would cost about $1500 per rider. I've been playing the "what if" game ever since my crash. I'd also be interested in finding out just how much I'm gonna end up costing the city... $1500 for my gear vs what they're paying for my crash... I bet my bills alone would have bought gear for everyone.
That's a miserable, painful way to have to prove a point. It's a damn shame they didn't listen to you sooner.

Howdy friends, found out today my surgery is going to be December 16th. I've been dragging a bunch of the pics to a jump drive and a friend of mine is gonna set up a projector in my hospital room. If you'd prefer your pics not to be on my slide show just lemme know. Thanks for all the great support!

Howdy friends, found out today my surgery is going to be December 16th. I've been dragging a bunch of the pics to a jump drive and a friend of mine is gonna set up a projector in my hospital room. If you'd prefer your pics not to be on my slide show just lemme know. Thanks for all the great support!
I think you will want to head over to a different FJR Forum and put the TGIF thread on your jump drive. That should look pretty good on a hospital projector.
wink.png

^^^^^Dammit, I reached my "Like" quota, but that there is a smoking idea. Hell, at least you'll be popular with the male employees, and some of the females.

Finally the day is upon us. My surgery is scheduled for 07:00 in the morning. Thank you so much for all of the support! I'll try to post Tue or Wed night and let everyone know I'm still breathing.

Finally the day is upon us. My surgery is scheduled for 07:00 in the morning. Thank you so much for all of the support! I'll try to post Tue or Wed night and let everyone know I'm still breathing.
Sending lots of good energy and healing juju to you and your doc... wishing you success and getting back to good health! B)

Greg,

Thanks for your service. I hope the surgery goes well tomorrow. Get better soon.

You probably already know that Aerostich makes Police Suits. Might be worth investigating.

Please keep us posted as to your recovery status.

Aerostitch suits... Yup, own a jacket and pants. Tried to get the chain of command to look at 'em but they couldn't care less. I'm quite sure the money they've spent on fixing me would have bought better riding gear for the whole section. Just can't speak common sense to government accountants...

Surgery went well and the doctor was pleased. Tuesday night in the hospital was hell, throwing up and migraines until about 2:30 in the morning. I've been doing much better since then. Pain is still readily available at all times even with taking percocet and flexeril. I've actually been sleeping quite well though even with the neck brace on. I'll be off work until January 7th then we'll see what's next.

Thanks again for all the support, I truly do appreciate all of you!

Here's hoping, that soon enough, you'll be feeling the great results of your surgery. Hang in there Greg!

I don't know how I missed this thread. Glad to hear you finally have gotten some relief from the pain and suffering, and hope for a speedy recovery for you. I will be going in for fusion surgery of the L3 and L4 on new year's eve. Although I have not had to deal with my pain as long as you did. Take care Greg, and maybe we'll get to meet up at an event in the future.

Been about two weeks since the surgery and I don't exactly feel like Superman yet. Still having some serious pain in my upper back and shoulders. mainly consisting of muscle spasms and cramping. Doc's office told me to just keep taking my pain meds and muscle relaxers. Follow up is on the 7th, hopefully I'll get some positive news as well as knowing how he's going to treat my L4/L5 injury.

Greg,

I know nothing about your injury, but I am hoping that you are just in the process of normal rehab and that all is well that ends well.

On a side note, my 22 year old son David had his swearing in ceremony just a few days ago for a suburban Chicago Police Department. He is in the police academy for the next few months...You may have seen him on past ride reports I have done up in the Wisconsin area.