EOM '16 Hawaiian Shirt Contest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKLD

I miss Don. 😔
Reaction score
The idea was brought up to have a Hawaiian Shirt contest, in memory of ol' Don Stanley, at this year's EOM. After a few discussions in a couple of other threads, and Vic's post on Facebook, I felt it was time to make this formal.

The idea is to have an ugly/Absofrigginlutely gorgeous Hawaiian Shirt contest Saturday night, with a prize for 1st place, and have the members present, vote who has the best. We'll most likely have the votes based on crowd response, and have unbiased judges deciding whom has the best response.

Prize-wise, to keep it simple, I'll bring something for the winner. Previously I mentioned that I had a Roadgear tailbag ( https://roadgear.com/euro-sport-jumbo-hauler-p-72.html) that I would bring for a prize, because I couldn't use it. Well, I did find a use for it, as it'll hold (2) 4 season jackets. So, I will get a brand new one, for the prize to be handed out to the first place winner.

I thought about 1-3rd prize scenario, but didn't want it to get too complicated. So 1st pace takes the prize!

What I'd like, is for anyone showing interest in being in the contest, to post their name here ("in"),and I will start a list.

Don meant a lot to many here, and beacause of his love of Hawaiian shirts, we'll honor him with this contest, which I'm sure will not only produce some laughs, but also some comraderie...something Don personified!

This is off-the-cuff stuff, so I don't have a rule sheet or such, just putting something together to have fun with, and remember a dear friend.

Rob

List of participants:

1) Majicmaker

2) BkerChuck

3) BikerGeek99

4) Blind Squirrel

5) Top_Speed1

6) Tyler

7) extrememarine

8) Intech

9) Bustanut joker

10) TominPA

11) clocklaw

12 & 13) M&M

14) Pura Vida

15) Fred W

16) Wine Guy

17) luvtoride

18) Frushlorton

19) Allen_C

20) garyahouse

21 & 22) HyperPete & Donna

23) Sooze

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to see what I can come up with...I don't own a Hawaiian shirt.
I don't either Joe, as my wife sneekingly threw mine out years ago. There are plenty out there, especially online, that can be had in-expensively. I found one at Walmart online, and Vic found one at a Goodwill or Salvation Army type place, for under $5! Let me know when you've got one, and I'll add you. :thumbsup:

I will likely play. Let me see what I can come up with first before making a commitment. Clarification: You are looking for the ugliest, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
In.
flirt.gif

Latest posts