EOM 2012 Home Safe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnspot

Who Me?
Reaction score
I don't see a thread here in EOM for 2012 yet, so here's one...

Home safe after around 6.5 hours. Left with Bob, Jay, Mike, and Heidi and took a nice twisty route up to I-40 and slabbed it. We split up at Greensboro. Apart from a freeway closure outside of Durham, it was a pretty fast sprint back home. :D

Thanks to Wayne for putting on another awesome event!

Thanks to Bob for leading us around Friday and Saturday (Friday was friggin awesome)!

And thanks to everyone else who made it happen...another great EOM is in the can!

Hope everyone else returns home safely!!!!

Kim and I just got home and unloaded with no issues. Started out rather nice when we left the hotel around 8:30 but got quite cool up in the mountains. Another great EOM in the books and the weather could not have been better. To those who couldn't make, you missed a really good one. Big THANKS again to Wayne and all of the others that helped out.

George & Kim Newman

430 chilly-at-times miles and the Geeks are home safe and sound.

Had a blast riding with Fencer on Friday ... well, Mrs. Fencer, but he was there too, as well as the ShoMeMo's and Fencer's sport-bike buddies. Yesterday was also a great time riding with the ShoMeMo's and Michelle and Honey Boo Boo. Hats off again to Mrs. ShoMeMo for coming up with yesterday's route. Many laughs were had last night, mainly at my expense, but - HEY! - SOMEbody has to be "that guy" so it may as well be me.

Thanks to Wayne for all of your efforts. Thanks to our route meisters for putting together some hellacious routes! Thanks to Ohlins for the tour and for the shock that went to a guy who lives in Flatlandia.

As always, Sooze and I had a terrific time seeing old friends and making new ones.

Is it time for EOM 2013 yet???

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta pee.

Got home this morning after riding through the night..... Haven't figured out wind chill factor for 43 degrees and 90+ mph headwinds yet, :huh:

Hated to run right after the banquet got finished, but made it home just in time to change clothes and go see my sons football game.

Thanks to Wayne, Lee, Jeff and everyone else who helped make this years EOM a success!

CJ

I got home a couple of hours ago with a ~1+ hour stop near Savannah to see a friend. I left @ 0600 and it was a nippy 50ish deg then up to 91 or so by the time I rolled into beautiful Florida, land of the yr round riders!

Great time and was fun to meet you all! Now, I got to disect that POS CCS100 cruise and either fix or replace...........

Susan and I are home safe and sound. 3 gas stops, 1 lunch stop, 750 miles, and it only took 11 hours. Damn I really like my Valentine One. Thanks to Wayne and the entire EOM crew that put this on. An especially big thanks to the Weather Steward who gave me a dry ride from the time I left Wednesday until I arrived home tonight. It was nice to meet some new friends, renew friendships with old friends, and wonder what happened to the people I met last year who were not there. All in all, an outstanding time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Home Safe at about 3:30. Pretty eventless trip back and made good time.

Thanks to Wayne for putting together a great event. :clapping:

(Especially for letting us "off-branders" tag along)

Made it home safe and sound.

675 miles on Thursday

385 miles on Friday

288 miles on Saturday

568 miles home on Sunday.

1916 miles of fun... (okay, the slab parts weren't THAT much fun... but the rest of it was GREAT!!)

Home safe on the Hondapotamus at 4:30 in the NW Indiana wastelands. Sure was nice riding the white whale in the cold and wind today, but sure wish I woulda had the FJR down in the twisties (I'm taking the FJR to Hooterville for sure next week). Oh well, it was nice to see what the Hondapotamus could do. Now I just have to get wifey to ride with me. Had a great time visiting with old friends - thanks Wayne and company for a great event.

Rolled out of Hendersonville @ 7:30 this morning. Met an old Navy buddy for lunch in Creedmoore NC, then headed home. Rolled into Chesapeake Va. @ 6:18. I had a GREAT time!! :yahoo:

Thanks to Wayne for putting the whole thing together. Thanks to the Canuks for letting me come along on your ride yesterday. Can hardly wait for the next one!

Rolled in at about 1740. The start was a little rough as I really enjoyed myself last night. If you know what I mean! Nothing like riding to clear the head. Did 1755.5 miles total. Some of the best riding I have ever experienced. Thanks Wayne and everyone else involved.

Kudos to Wayne and the routemeisters! :clapping:

With those roads and routes, I feel like I struck a gold mine...that I'm going to keep mining until my end of days. These routes were GOLD. :yahoo:

I also want to send a special shout out to the T-shirt crew...those guys worked their butts off...and with Wayne insulting everybody all the time, it was amazing that registration went as smooth as it did. Good job! ;)

:lol:

...rolled in about 5:15pm wheaton time.

(That's 11:15pm Greenwich mean...if you don't know)

710 miles of the most beautiful slab you ever saw. Griff really knows how to bowl traffic over with that Great White Whale...it's like the parting of the Red Sea. I just surfed in the wake after he went through.

Made it home by 6:00, just in time for dinner.

1960 miles from the time I left on Wednesday to today...Had a great time, with lots of great people.

Thanks Wayne, Lee, Jeff & Heidi...and everyone else that contributed.

Left EOM this morning about 8:30. Took the No-Slab route and still made it home by 10:00 am (ruubing it in).

EOM 2012-WOW!

THANKS to the organizers, volunteers,and fellow riders.

Got home sat. night at 10.Big thanks to Wayne,Lee,Jeff and all who made it happen.Thanks to the sponsors who provided the door prizes I am going to have fun burning off a set of tires I didnt have to pay for. GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT RIDING,GREAT TIME.

Rolled into the garage at 8pm. I took the warp drive off line and pulled the afterburner fuse and the abused rear Pirelli made the 650ish mile trek. I stopped in Columbus with the intention of having a new rear put on, but the cooler temps and a delicate throttle paid off. I'll have time tomorrow to through the other wheel on 'cause I'm in not shape to go to work!

Thanks to everyone who attended and to everyone who pitched in as well.

Wayne

Made it home safe and sound.

675 miles on Thursday

385 miles on Friday

288 miles on Saturday

568 miles home on Sunday.

1916 miles of fun... (okay, the slab parts weren't THAT much fun... but the rest of it was GREAT!!)
My Question...

Did anyone make the mistake trying to follow you?

Tell me the streak was broken this year.

Made it home... nothing broke but my wallet. Guess that is a good thing. :rolleyes:

Had an excellent time riding on some really great roads and meeting some fun new people.

Thanks Wayne for putting this together. Looking forward to the next adventure.

We will try and post some pics as soon as we can. Still haven't found a way to make a tire last forever... Having a great time trying though!

Yew betta red neckog niiiiiize!!!

Honey Boo Boo.....owt.