EOM 2012 Pictures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Today, I sampled some South Carolina, Georgia, and finished up with Tennessee and North Carolina.

CSC_0122.jpg

Wolf Pen Gap in N. GA.

DSC_0133.jpg

Bald River Falls, East of Tellico Plains off the Cherohala Skyway in TN.

DSC_0157.jpg

Moving through the fog and spotty rain on the NC side of the Cherohala Skyway.

DSC_0164.jpg

Ride safe - where's your stop over point for tomorrow night? Lots of weather hoovering over N. GA, W. NC right now. I might hold tight tomorrow - locals here are talking 6-8 inches of rain tonight and tomorrow here (Robbinsville, NC).

Nice! Thanks, Can't wait!! Taking off in the morning. I feel like sleeping on my bike just to save a few steps! :lol:

Ride safe - where's your stop over point for tomorrow night? Lots of weather hoovering over N. GA, W. NC right now. I might hold tight tomorrow - locals here are talking 6-8 inches of rain tonight and tomorrow here (Robbinsville, NC).

Nice! Thanks, Can't wait!! Taking off in the morning. I feel like sleeping on my bike just to save a few steps! :lol:
We're bedding down in Savannah GA off I95 by the Airport. Yep! I see the weather report for tomorrow but, we'll take it easy. Thanks for the info! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the tree is still across the dirt section of CO-623 going into Burkes Garden.

DSC_0193_zps935d8f1d.jpg

DSBiker cut a nice path through.

DSC_0201_zps217fe236.jpg

While I was stopped, time for a snack.

DSC_0202_zpse4ab29f2.jpg

Some ask why. Others why not. I lean towards the later.

DSC_0213_zps6838e00d.jpg

Thursday, 20 September. You have to get an early start if you're going to ride Lee's insane "EOM 500" route. 509 miles. No slab. Bring it.

DSC_0215_zpsa221e96c.jpg

Near Roan Mtn early this morning. Awesome does not even begin to describe this section of road.

DSC_0223_zpse8cfe318.jpg

Near the end of the day, BRP between Mt. Pisgah and the NC276 exit.

DSC_0226_zpsdfb4de3c.jpg

Well, looks like we're finished for the weekend, heading out for home tomorrow.

1348438119428_zps52a20ac8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of quickies...

Route 64. Fresh, pristine pavement and absolutely NO oh-shit room to be had - ya got a rock face on one side and a guard rail (with a nice drop-off) on the other.

Sept2012211_zps54d35ed0.jpg

The drop-off over the guard rail.

Sept2012213_zps965d9657.jpg

Bridal Veil Falls. Mike (AKA "Honey Boo Boo", or M&M on the forum), Scott (ShoMeMo), and moi.

Sept2012226_zpsd4079f48.jpg

Got over 150 more to sift through that I'll get to eventually.

I've got a few here...

Thursday night....the crowd is gathering.

img_1962.jpg

Enjoying Mexican food at the joint down from the hotel. Good food!

img_1965.jpg

Our Friday ride group ready to hit the EOM 500 (we did all but the last 1/3rd of it). It was fogged in pretty good that morning, but a bit of elevation into the mountains solved that problem.

img_1968.jpg

Our first break on Friday's ride; Bob's up front with the map spread out in his top box trying to figure out where we are. ;)

img_1973.jpg

Stopped at the Snake. I believe that's Dan, standing behind his Z1000.

img_1974.jpg

Friday evening at the hotel.

img_1977.jpg

Saturday, we rode the "Twisty Blast" route. We stopped at the Trust General Store and experienced some of the worst service I've ever seen at a restaurant. The waitress was nice enough, but the food took over an hour to reach us...and the place was not all that busy (we arrived after lunch hour). Food was just ok.

img_1979.jpg

Assembling the group photo in the lot of an apparently disused wing of the hotel.

img_1987.jpg

Enjoying the banquet.

img_1992.jpg

On the way home with Bob (Intech), Heidi (Luvtoride), Mike (Powerman), and Jay (Violine or however he spells it. ;) ) at Mocksville, NC.

img_1999.jpg

A panorama I shot of Lake Lure, close to Hendersonville, nothing special, especially when shrunk to forum-friendly size, lol.

img_1958.jpg

Great pictures! I've found another way for us to share the pictures everyone has taken. I have created a flickr account that is linked to the FJREOM website. If you would like to share your pictures there, PM me and I'll provide the log in details so you can upload to the account. With this, we can create a photo album or picture set for each year, add tags and descriptions, etc.

-Wayne

Here are some of the few I took. There was such great riding I didn't take many pictures.

First night in Hillsville. Mike was starting with bad ju ju that kept the rest of us safe. He even had ghosts around him!

P1010418.jpg

A stop on the BRP on the way down. Mike decided this was a good spot for a nap:

P1010424.jpg

Group shot at the highest point on the BRP. Mike had other interests.

P1010431.jpg

The view:

P1010422.jpg

This guy thinks it's funny that he parked a Hodapotamus right in front of my FJR at an FJR meet!

P1010446.jpg

How the hell did it work out that that big white whale ended up dead center????

P1010442.jpg

My picture of Bill taking the picture:

P1010444.jpg

Here is Spencer and his dance partner:

P1010437.jpg

Here is Spencer's handywork on his friends trailer. That is some funny shit!

P1010447.jpg

P1010449.jpg

Host hotel greeting:

P1010432.jpg

Who's Spencer?

That's the jackass Fencer! :lol:

Also, that guy on the GW is griff...you rode with him, 0Face, Yamafitter, and me in SE Ohio and WV last year, remember? ;)

Great photos Bob!

You did heroic duty leading 9 miscreants through the backwoods of NC without a single one of them getting raped. Kudos buddy! :clapping:

Who's Spencer?

That's the jackass Fencer! :lol:

Also, that guy on the GW is griff...you rode with him, 0Face, Yamafitter, and me in SE Ohio and WV last year, remember? ;)

Great photos Bob!

You did heroic duty leading 9 miscreants through the backwoods of NC without a single one of them getting raped. Kudos buddy! :clapping:
Spencer is Fencer's new name. And I know Griff! Geesh! I had to give him shit for parking that thing right in front of me!!

And I know Griff! Geesh! I had to give him shit for parking that thing right in front of me!!
That's still bothering you? :rolleyes: :lol:
Yes! Especially after I saw the group picture and see it ended up dead center! WTf?? :(

Just kidding really. I was thinking about Griff battling that beast on the Twisty Blast route. He rode that on Friday.