EOM 2013 Thank You’s and parting thoughts…

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
EOM 2013 Thank You’s and parting thoughts…

I’d like to start with a huge Thank You to everyone who attended EOM in Maggie Valley this year; without each of you, we would have no reason to organize the event.

Jordan’s Initiative - Thank you to everyone who donated. Jordan’s actions that day will live forever through the fabric of the Marine Corps – re-told by squad leaders and platoon commanders to steelie-eyed Devil Dogs; Ours is to ensure Jordan’s heroic actions never fade from the memories of those we know and share the road with. Through donations with tickets sales, the FJR Banner auction, 50/50 raffle, and the balance of rally fees, the donation to Jordan’s Initiative on behalf of EOM 2013 will be $500. Thank you to everyone

There are so many individuals that have invested time and effort into ensuring the event was a success – I want to give them one more much deserved pat on the back.

Lee Davis – Maps and routing, graphic design of the shirt logo, and venue recon. Without Lee’s efforts on the maps, we’d be dead in the water. Lee also took time to visit numerous venues early in the year.

Duane – OHFJR – Duane has supported EOM for many years as being our source for t-shirts as well as donations to the swag table via Premier Cycle Accessories.

Mike – Powerman – Mike talked himself into running registration at the WV camping meet – Thanks to you and your lovely wife for taking care of the registration!

Nik – NIKK – Nik stepped in and made a valiant effort to collected additional donations for the swag table.

Joe – El Toro Joe – Joe also made some calls to collect some swag – the Murphy’s Kit cruise control and he also donated the “EOM” stickers that were with everyone’s name tags.

Andy & Suzie – the Geek’s – also had a hand in screwing up getting registration done smoothly.

Heidi – LuvtoRide – Suggesting we take a look at Maggie Valley as a venue – it had everything we were looking for, and made for an excellent venue to host EOM

Jim – FJFJRS – Thank you to Jim and his lovely wife for stepping up to run the 50/50 raffle – We raised an additional $158 that will be donated to Jordan’s Initiative on the behalf of EOM 2013.

Dave – 08FJR4ME – Thank you for the donation of WynPro products to the swag table. Dave has also been a longtime supporter of the event.

Kevin – Fencer – His “people person” always adds some spice to any event – thanks for your help with running the banquet festivities!

Bill - Yamafitter – For another awesome group photo!

Group Photo – the group photo is posted to FJREOM.com and available for download from there.

Survey & Feedback – This is how we make it better; please take a minute to let us know if you have a comment, suggestion, etc. A survey was sent out today via the Eventbrite website via SurveyMonkey. It will go to the email address used for registration. You may also use the “Contact Us” form on FJREOM.com under the “About” menu.

Website – I have the fjreom site on a platform now that will facilitate leaving the site in place. I will move be moving the 2013 pages to an archive section and start a 2014 section soon as well.

Pictures – If you have pictures you’d like to share, please send them to me. I plan to create a 2013 album and slide show that will cycle on the site. I will need hi-res versions of the photos, or at least access to where they are posted (dropbox, photobucket, etc.).

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
Michelle and I can't thank everyone enough for their ongoing support of Jordan's Inititiative in memory of my son. From the very time that Jordan made the decision to serve his country and enter the Marine Corps in 2006, members of the FJR community have stepped forward to offer me and my family emotional support. When he was tragically killed in Iraq at the hands of a suicide bomber, saving 33 of his USMC brothers in the process, the support turned financial in the form of private and public donations to our foundation. The FJR community as a whole has contributed in excess of $15K since 2008, all of which went to providing support for our military families and treasured veterans in the form of adaptive handcycles, housing aide, scholarships and grants, heating oil vouchers, donations to targeted non-profits, etc....

Jordan was 19 when he was killed. Nothing will ever bring him home and he will never get to experience the love, comradarie, and joy of riding with friends but the fact that his name and story continue on through the words and actions of others makes us supremely proud. Jordan was but one small thread in the fabric of our freedom. It is our sincere hope that everyone recognizes the sacrafice of our military veterans and their families in providing us with the every day joy of living in the greatest country on earth and will take a moment to thank them for their service.

Our heartfelt thanks to Wayne and Annette for all the hard work that they poured into EOM along with all the other folks mentioned above. All of you made it look seamless and allowed those of us who freeload to bring home some wonderful memories. Thank you very much.

Christian Haerter

Jordan's Initiative