EOM 2014 - Registration is open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One year, Lee put together a route that was 500 miles of the twistiest roads he could find. It was meant to be a joke, he never thought anyone would attempt it. I did, ran it hard start to finish, and had one hell of day.
BUT, and there is always a but - to run like that, a person has to have the willingness to be brutally honest with themselves regarding their current state and abilities. You have to know as a rider when enough is enough, when it's time to pack it in and bail before you end up a skid mark off the side of a mountain. It sounds cool on the neenernet, but to actually do it takes, imho, a level of focus not many can sustain over that many techical, unforgiving miles.

Who's up for another EOM 500? Lee has just dangled that carrot, thinks I can't do it twice...
What do you mean by EOM500, I think you mean 500 mile day ride? I will be staying at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and plan on taking in all event activities.
Well said, Wayne. That's absolutely true. Good thing is, one can bail at any time and there will ice cold beer waiting in the Social Lounge outside the front door! :D

One year, Lee put together a route that was 500 miles of the twistiest roads he could find. It was meant to be a joke, he never thought anyone would attempt it. I did, ran it hard start to finish, and had one hell of day.

BUT, and there is always a but - to run like that, a person has to have the willingness to be brutally honest with themselves regarding their current state and abilities. You have to know as a rider when enough is enough, when it's time to pack it in and bail before you end up a skid mark off the side of a mountain. It sounds cool on the neenernet, but to actually do it takes, imho, a level of focus not many can sustain over that many techical, unforgiving miles.

Who's up for another EOM 500? Lee has just dangled that carrot, thinks I can't do it twice...
What do you mean by EOM500, I think you mean 500 mile day ride? I will be staying at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and plan on taking in all event activities.
So what you are saying is that it isn't good form to take off 2-3 hours after you should and severely hungover when attempting this ride? Who would do that? We still did almost 500 miles by the time we got back. That was the first time I had ridden the snake and the route made us ride it, turn around, and ride it again. One of the mst fun days I have ever experienced riding.

Agreed, I will never forget the lunch that Brenda and I had in Damascus Virginia that afternoon.....it was a LONG DAY but what a blast!

blushing.gif
Are routes posted yet and I missed them somewhere.....or are they just not posted yet?

Not yet. And you didn't enter your forum name in the registration, so you won't show on any automated list unless I fix it every time it's exported...

is there a place that we can view all participants? & I just registered.
LOL, she will be able to see everyone else going (as she asked) but she will not be included in the list! Kind of ironic...
no.gif
What is ironic Allen? I actually WANT to be on the list. Will be looking for willing participants to ride out with.

Not yet. And you didn't enter your forum name in the registration, so you won't show on any automated list unless I fix it every time it's exported...

LOL, she will be able to see everyone else going (as she asked) but she will not be included in the list! Kind of ironic... :no:
What is ironic Allen? I actually WANT to be on the list. Will be looking for willing participants to ride out with.
The idea that there will be a list, as you requested, but you may not be dowrn on the list. I just found it a little humorous. Hope you get added so you can find a riding partner!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed it - I was able to edit your registration info and add your forum name. Nice new feature... Now just have to sort out a way to publish the info without a bunch of manual steps...

Is there a way that I can fix it, then? Not trying to be a smart ass or ungrateful, either. Just wondering. It'd make it much easier to hook up with other folks if'n we knew who they were & lived. Thank you for all you have done, Wayne.

Iris - routes are not posted yet. They will go up on the website about two weeks prior to the event. I think this is the other big selling point of EOM - access to the routes files will only happen during September each year going forward...

blushing.gif
Are routes posted yet and I missed them somewhere.....or are they just not posted yet?

I'm in and looking forward to it...

should be much more enjoyable with my new knee....

I owe someone a dance but can't remember who it was???

I'll just play the "old" card here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in and looking forward to it...should be much more enjoyable with my new knee....

I owe someone a dance but can't remember who it was???

I'll just play the "old" card here...
It's me you owe that dance to, Boomer. We'll keep that secret. The CD was awesome! Glad you like your new knee! See you at the EOM. :)

The only way to go back and add a shirt to the order is for me to cancel the original order, which includes a refund of the paypal transaction, and you register. There is no way for me to edit registration in any way that affects the payment. This is not a big deal, it's a simple click on the back end - just let me know if that's what you want to do.

PM is fine...

I have registered but missed the t shirt button any way too add too my order, ? Sorry for the hassle David Stockbridge Mi

The only way to go back and add a shirt to the order is for me to cancel the original order, which includes a refund of the paypal transaction, and you register. There is no way for me to edit registration in any way that affects the payment. This is not a big deal, it's a simple click on the back end - just let me know if that's what you want to do.
PM is fine...

I have registered but missed the t shirt button any way too add too my order, ? Sorry for the hassle David Stockbridge Mi
Wayne, don't forget the beer! :)